News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

Drama Vote: Voice your opinion on the recent drama.

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, April 21, 2010, 09:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to be done?

Keep it as-is and let it continue.
8 (17.4%)
Split it all off and merge it into one thread.
11 (23.9%)
Don't care.
18 (39.1%)
Other (fill in the blank)
9 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Da6s

I rarely ever bother to read lengthy board drama threads. Hell, I rarely ever bother to read lengthy threads that i'm 3+ days behind on.

This one was no exception.

I did however read page 19.

Cain was/is one of my favorite posters on here.

Can't say i'm overly motivated to continue lurking at my usual pace.

I guess that means ECH can rejoice.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Kai

I didn't read this thread, because I didn't/don't have time to waste with the drama.

While I've been slaving over my classes the last week, I've also been fermenting on some In those days chapter topics. Expect at least one, if not two, this weekend.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 02:24:30 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2010, 02:16:06 AM
So far, I haven't seen or heard of any mod abuse other than overriding the PM ignore feature, which was reported to me, but which I obviously could not see, and which has apparently stopped.

However, as a poster, TTM is being just as bad as Nigel, and he's taken things farther.  "Slut" isn't acceptable.  Neither is "desperate whore"  Sorry.  And "I could have done worse" is not a justification.
They were really horrible things to say, he went all out on her and those are things that shouldn't be said to anyone. But they were part of their feud and didn't have anything to do with moderating. On the other hand, the random provocation by her in something as unrelated as a link thread shouldn't happen either.

I.. Ugh. I really didn't want to do this but it may be important in the future I am turning on the report PM feature.
From now on if you feel the need it is possible to forward the pm to the moderators Please do your best to sort out your own issues without calling in the mods.

I haven't read the last 14 pages of this thread, nor am I likely to, but I want to point out that nobody better fucking report any fucking PMs to me unless they contain death threats, or I will track them down and smear my own feces under the handles of their car doors.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Faust

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on April 25, 2010, 07:13:04 PM
Quote from: Faust on April 22, 2010, 02:24:30 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2010, 02:16:06 AM
So far, I haven't seen or heard of any mod abuse other than overriding the PM ignore feature, which was reported to me, but which I obviously could not see, and which has apparently stopped.

However, as a poster, TTM is being just as bad as Nigel, and he's taken things farther.  "Slut" isn't acceptable.  Neither is "desperate whore"  Sorry.  And "I could have done worse" is not a justification.
They were really horrible things to say, he went all out on her and those are things that shouldn't be said to anyone. But they were part of their feud and didn't have anything to do with moderating. On the other hand, the random provocation by her in something as unrelated as a link thread shouldn't happen either.

I.. Ugh. I really didn't want to do this but it may be important in the future I am turning on the report PM feature.
From now on if you feel the need it is possible to forward the pm to the moderators Please do your best to sort out your own issues without calling in the mods.

I haven't read the last 14 pages of this thread, nor am I likely to, but I want to point out that nobody better fucking report any fucking PMs to me unless they contain death threats, or I will track them down and smear my own feces under the handles of their car doors.

The same goes for the report button. I hate it when people remember that there is one.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

maphdet

Heh.

I just had to post in this thread just cause its all about drama.
:lulz:

Where's the MGT?
*ducks*

Meh-honestly- I like it here and I like how this place is run.
If I didn't I wouldn;t keep coming back----and I've had a spiff or two here and there and no big deal, you deal, resolve or drop it.
Like what MGD was trying to do, I think.

btw-I didn't vote.
:D
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

the last yatto

Quote from: Faust on April 26, 2010, 12:06:57 AM
The same goes for the report button. I hate it when people remember that there is one.

I would report that post as abuse against the user base, but i figured this post would do the same thing, without all the wrath :D
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on April 22, 2010, 10:03:44 PM
Quote from: EoC on April 22, 2010, 05:43:38 PM

It is pretty damned disappointing to see the list of people who've flounced recently, though.  With the exception of GS I don't recall a single one of them actually being directly involved in the drama either.  So anyone who says this doesn't affect the board so long as it's contained in the right place has their argument right there.  The rest of the board loses good posters because they don't feel like putting up with stupidity anymore.

Nigel forced this into the forum by blocking personal messages. And it's not the first time she's used this tactic to escalate and prolong drama. But since she's in with ECH and Roger she gets protected by their influence and is enabled to continue sapping group energy. Mind control rays or just basic social psychology?

For the record, whether or not I am personally friends with someone IRL has no bearing on how I behave towards them on PD.com. I have called Nigel out for shit here since she and I became friends IRL, just as I had praised her here on occasion before she and I ever met. Similarly, her opinion of other people who I have not met (you, for example) has no bearing on my opinion toward those people.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Da6s on April 23, 2010, 04:54:35 PM
I rarely ever bother to read lengthy board drama threads. Hell, I rarely ever bother to read lengthy threads that i'm 3+ days behind on.

This one was no exception.

I did however read page 19.

Cain was/is one of my favorite posters on here.

Can't say i'm overly motivated to continue lurking at my usual pace.

who are you again?

East Coast Hustle

Also, and I'm not going to go back and dig through the whole retarded thread again, but I'm pretty sure I saw Cain say something along the lines of "I'd rather destroy the forums than blah blah blah..." which is VERY VERY DIFFERENT from saying "I'm going to destroy the forums if blah blah blah..."

the last yatto

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on April 26, 2010, 09:49:26 AM
Quote from: Da6s on April 23, 2010, 04:54:35 PM

who are you again?

hes that spag that always annoyed ECH most of us by his cock and repost
you know in the pictures thread even with it usually having the same thing one or two pages back
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

the last yatto

wouldn't suprise me if him and asylum were the same person, but they did visited the same sites

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on April 26, 2010, 09:51:13 AM
Also, and I'm not going to go back and dig through the whole retarded thread again, but I'm pretty sure I saw Cain say something along the lines of "I'd rather destroy the forums than blah blah blah..." which is VERY VERY DIFFERENT from saying "I'm going to destroy the forums if blah blah blah..."

Point.  Faust has it backed up 6 ways from Sunday, anyway.
Molon Lube

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 26, 2010, 03:01:42 PM

yep yep, if anyone is going to destroy this site its ME, AHAHAHAHAHA
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on April 26, 2010, 04:38:49 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 26, 2010, 03:01:42 PM

yep yep, if anyone is going to destroy this site its ME, AHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, well, I have people in Ireland.  People that will jack you up by the back of the pants, wire your thumbs together, paint your face orange, and drop you off in front of the nearest Catholic church with a note stapled to your chest saying "Fuck the pope".
Molon Lube