News:

Oceana has always been at war with Iraq

Main Menu

Drama Vote: Voice your opinion on the recent drama.

Started by Shibboleet The Annihilator, April 21, 2010, 09:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you want to be done?

Keep it as-is and let it continue.
8 (17.4%)
Split it all off and merge it into one thread.
11 (23.9%)
Don't care.
18 (39.1%)
Other (fill in the blank)
9 (19.6%)

Total Members Voted: 46

AFK

If you ever really want to destroy the board, just make me an admin.  I seem to be good at that. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Pēleus on April 26, 2010, 10:40:07 AM
Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on April 26, 2010, 09:49:26 AM
Quote from: Da6s on April 23, 2010, 04:54:35 PM

I guess that means ECH can rejoice.

who are you again?

hes that spag that always annoyed ECH most of us by his cock and repost
you know in the pictures thread even with it usually having the same thing one or two pages back

I thought he was Dags returned with a different name...

Faust

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 26, 2010, 04:41:38 PM
Quote from: Faust on April 26, 2010, 04:38:49 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 26, 2010, 03:01:42 PM
Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on April 26, 2010, 09:51:13 AM
Also, and I'm not going to go back and dig through the whole retarded thread again, but I'm pretty sure I saw Cain say something along the lines of "I'd rather destroy the forums than blah blah blah..." which is VERY VERY DIFFERENT from saying "I'm going to destroy the forums if blah blah blah..."

Point.  Faust has it backed up 6 ways from Sunday, anyway.
yep yep, if anyone is going to destroy this site its ME, AHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, well, I have people in Ireland.  People that will jack you up by the back of the pants, wire your thumbs together, paint your face orange, and drop you off in front of the nearest Catholic church with a note stapled to your chest saying "Fuck the pope".
Most of my closest friends attempt that on a daily basis. But if i've actually worried you on this over the years I've ENCOURAGED others to take backups, I don't like being the only one with a copy of the DB, but I don't like too wide a field having it because PM's and stuff are plaintext in it.
By destroy, I mean give everyone an eviction notice and ample time to get a copy set up elsewhere.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Triple Zero

Yup. Latest backup I'm sitting on is from March 6th.

I currently even have it loaded up in a local SQL database on my netbook cause I wanna try and convert it into a bunch of static HTML files [possibly even searchable] so we have archives of old stuff that no longer drains on the server database.

It surprised me it was so easy to load it. But I guess, once in a while a computer does what it's told perhaps.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Faust

Quote from: Triple Zero on April 27, 2010, 11:04:36 AM
Yup. Latest backup I'm sitting on is from March 6th.

I currently even have it loaded up in a local SQL database on my netbook cause I wanna try and convert it into a bunch of static HTML files [possibly even searchable] so we have archives of old stuff that no longer drains on the server database.

It surprised me it was so easy to load it. But I guess, once in a while a computer does what it's told perhaps.
I've converted every thread in or kill me, the only problem they are all called index.php 1 2 3 onwards. Theres 178 of them and they need to be renamed. I need to write a simple script to pull the title from the file and rename the file accordingly.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Da6s

Quote from: Vladimir Poopin on April 26, 2010, 06:30:47 PM

who are you again?

you know in the pictures thread even with it usually having the same thing one or two pages back

Still no clue who dags is/was.

I've asked for explanations regarding why i'm always cited to be a reincarnation of him.

Never had any.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Da6s on April 27, 2010, 10:45:59 PM
Quote from: Vladimir Poopin on April 26, 2010, 06:30:47 PM

who are you again?

Still no clue who dags is/was.

I've asked for explanations regarding why i'm always cited to be a reincarnation of him.

Never had any.

I'd say it was due to the similarity of your names.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wasn't Dags the guy who hated Mexicans? Or am I getting him mixed up with someone else?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on April 27, 2010, 10:47:23 PM
Wasn't Dags the guy who hated Mexicans? Or am I getting him mixed up with someone else?

No, that was Zurtok.  One of the Dags hates minorities, though.  Can't be arsed to figure out which one.
Molon Lube

Da6s

We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Cramulus

It always makes me think of Brad Pitt from Snatch:

Dags? Ye like dags? Yeah, dags!
                \

I do, btw

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Cramulus on April 28, 2010, 04:00:17 PM

\

I do, btw
:lulz: same here

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Da6s on April 28, 2010, 03:51:01 PM
Explanation of my name:

That doesn't explain anything other than that you have a tattoo of something that's apparently meaningful to you and no one else.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on April 28, 2010, 05:09:15 PM

\

I do, btw

...I wonder if he hates pikers.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Vladimir Poopin on April 28, 2010, 06:27:12 PM
Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on April 28, 2010, 05:09:15 PM

\

I do, btw

...I wonder if he hates pikers.

Everyone hates pikers.  What about pikeys?
Molon Lube