Testimonial: "Yeah, wasn't expecting it. Near shat myself."

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Junkenstein

QuoteFor those of you who are Godless gun-grabbers or Euro-types, an AR15 is a semi-automatic variant of the M16 assault rifle used by the US military.  From a law enforcement point of view, it's sort of like swatting a fly with a ball peen hammer.  You might even get the fly, but the living room is going to be fucked up when you're done.

I just googled a couple of videos to get an idea of what "fucked up" might entail.

I'm guessing that the idea is that you show you're willing to not only stop the bad guy breathing, you're willing to stop anyone in the general area breathing as collateral damage. I'm not particularly up on arms, but is there a more reasonable substitute? I'm assuming no guns is not an option. Handguns seem to cause more fatalities overall so i'd guess that rules them out too. Anything non-lethal might not stop a shooter, so that's out.

Pretty much, after you start ruling shit out, it does seem like you're left with stupid automatic weapons or grenades.

A future where guns are banned and grenades are legal could be interesting. Some kind of non-lethal grenades might actually work.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Junkenstein

QuoteTo legally take custody of a child through the U.S. foster care system, prospective parents undergo criminal background checks, home inspections, and in most states, dozens of hours of training. After placement, social workers visit the family regularly to ensure the child is safe.
In informal private re-homings, none of that happens. The online bulletin boards have emerged as a do-it-yourself way for parents to quietly end adoptions, which often involve foreign children. By not involving child welfare authorities in the custody transfers, parents can bypass some of the most basic but time-consuming government safeguards meant to protect children.

The levels and scale of potential abuse here is staggering. Can anyone else say "trafficking"? Because I bet this shit gets used for that.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 10, 2013, 07:25:12 PM
QuoteTo legally take custody of a child through the U.S. foster care system, prospective parents undergo criminal background checks, home inspections, and in most states, dozens of hours of training. After placement, social workers visit the family regularly to ensure the child is safe.
In informal private re-homings, none of that happens. The online bulletin boards have emerged as a do-it-yourself way for parents to quietly end adoptions, which often involve foreign children. By not involving child welfare authorities in the custody transfers, parents can bypass some of the most basic but time-consuming government safeguards meant to protect children.

The levels and scale of potential abuse here is staggering. Can anyone else say "trafficking"? Because I bet this shit gets used for that.

If you read the whole article, that's why the lady that started this shit fled in abject horror.  Because that's exactly what occurred.

Cain

-

Junkenstein

Just finished it. Wow.

QuoteThe experience with the Easons persuaded Exon to stop moderating the re-homing bulletin board immediately. "I felt like maybe we were doing something wrong," she says. "I didn't want to be a part of it anymore."

NO SHIT?

Makes you wonder about what the European version is like. There must be one.

Cain

-

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on September 10, 2013, 07:38:00 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on September 10, 2013, 07:34:44 PM

Marc Dutroux. 

If Roger doesn't object, I have my copy of the above-mentioned book with me, and can throw out a few quotes, or we can take the discussion to another thread.

That's exactly who I was thinking about. I can't recall offhand if that reached into adoption, but considering it, it must have. The ties to the UK were pretty solid as well as bordering nations. It's got to be at least a link in the overall chain.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 10, 2013, 07:38:00 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on September 10, 2013, 07:34:44 PM

Marc Dutroux. 

If Roger doesn't object, I have my copy of the above-mentioned book with me, and can throw out a few quotes, or we can take the discussion to another thread.

No, go right ahead and post it here if you like.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 10, 2013, 07:27:18 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on September 10, 2013, 07:25:12 PM

If you read the whole article, that's why the lady that started this shit fled in abject horror.  Because that's exactly what occurred.

I can't even imagine STARTING such a group. I mean, it literally never occurred to me that such a thing might exist for any purpose OTHER than as a human trafficking black market. "Hm, I think I'll start a group for connecting unwanted children with new homes; one that is completely off the official radar and has no screening or other legal interventions in place whatsoever. What could go wrong?"

I mean, really? I'm sure she meant well but REALLY? Jesus wept.