News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

I was also surprised it was that low, when I first read about it.  No wonder most don't bother with it, what with the backlog that is being built up over the past few decades...

Jenne

Quote from: Ratatosk on July 29, 2010, 05:53:56 PM

I agree...

Though, on the one hand, I can see how being a border state would have its own set of issues and the current drug wars/gang wars would certianly leave me uneasy if I had a ranch in Southern AZ or anywhere along that border.

I would even go so far as to say that States could implement laws targeting the Employers of illegal immigrants, which IMO would probably do more to stem then tide than randomly asking brown people for their papers.

But mostly, I find it hypocritical for a nation founded on people just walking in to have "legal immigration" vs. "illegal immigration"...  I mean quotas etc didn't even show up until the 1900's so those "my ancestors came over legally" better be recent immigrants or they can STFU.

...and guess who'd get hit the hardest with that?

1) Small businesses (who don't have the machinery to background check everyone), and that will die in a media fire of negative PR a million miles long.

2) The farmers--whose lobby is notoriously strong.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Jenne on July 29, 2010, 06:44:07 PM

I agree...

Though, on the one hand, I can see how being a border state would have its own set of issues and the current drug wars/gang wars would certianly leave me uneasy if I had a ranch in Southern AZ or anywhere along that border.

I would even go so far as to say that States could implement laws targeting the Employers of illegal immigrants, which IMO would probably do more to stem then tide than randomly asking brown people for their papers.

But mostly, I find it hypocritical for a nation founded on people just walking in to have "legal immigration" vs. "illegal immigration"...  I mean quotas etc didn't even show up until the 1900's so those "my ancestors came over legally" better be recent immigrants or they can STFU.

1) Small businesses (who don't have the machinery to background check everyone), and that will die in a media fire of negative PR a million miles long.

... Yeah, if the Fed expects there to be some bar to employment, they need to supply something reliable.

However, having worked with small businessmen in Ohio that employ 'immigrants', they seem to generally have a good idea of who is and isn't. And here, at least, they find it more profitable to hire the illegals and bet they won't get caught, or will pay some tiny fine.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Adios

I am still confused. These are not rabid marauders raging through the countryside raping and pillaging. In fact most of the illegals live purposefully quiet lives for obvious reasons. They are now integrated into our society like it or not.

The drug runners don't live here, they border jump.

The ones I have met seem like very nice people once you break through a few levels of paranoia.

Or is the legals that give people heartburn? Music too loud? Don't like cars with hydraulic suspensions?

What is exactly that causes minorityphobia?

Jenne

Quote from: Ratatosk on July 29, 2010, 06:50:39 PM
Quote from: Jenne on July 29, 2010, 06:44:07 PM

I agree...

... Yeah, if the Fed expects there to be some bar to employment, they need to supply something reliable.

However, having worked with small businessmen in Ohio that employ 'immigrants', they seem to generally have a good idea of who is and isn't. And here, at least, they find it more profitable to hire the illegals and bet they won't get caught, or will pay some tiny fine.

Yes, but here, in CA, where we still have the world's 8th largest economy (ahead of countries like SPAIN), that won't fly.  Most employers are STILL small businesses.  So do the math, there.

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Charley Brown on July 29, 2010, 06:53:25 PM
I am still confused. These are not rabid marauders raging through the countryside raping and pillaging. In fact most of the illegals live purposefully quiet lives for obvious reasons. They are now integrated into our society like it or not.

The drug runners don't live here, they border jump.

The ones I have met seem like very nice people once you break through a few levels of paranoia.

Or is the legals that give people heartburn? Music too loud? Don't like cars with hydraulic suspensions?

What is exactly that causes minorityphobia?

Us vs. Them.

Period, finito.

There WILL be those, mind you, who'll say, "Dude, if it was a group of [insert people from a Westernized country--read: Yurp & environs--here] came and did the same, I'd STILL say NAY!"

And I call bullshit.  Because this is just how monkeys play.

Worldwide.

Adios

Manager: Those mexicans are taking our jobs!  :argh!:

Co-Worker: Uh, you're a manager at the mill.

Manager: One second. (yells down to plant floor) Juan! Remember to have Pedro clean everything out from under that press tonight!

Manager to co-worker; Where were we?

Jenne

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Doktor Charley Brown on July 29, 2010, 07:13:14 PM
Manager: Those mexicans are taking our jobs!  :argh!:

Co-Worker: Uh, you're a manager at the mill.

Manager: One second. (yells down to plant floor) Juan! Remember to have Pedro clean everything out from under that press tonight!

Manager to co-worker; Where were we?

:potd:

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Adios

Phoenix, Arizona (CNN) -- As Arizona's new immigration law took effect Thursday, opponents of the law hit the streets with mixed expressions of relief and outrage.

Demonstrators were arrested outside the office of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, a staunch defender of the state measure.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/07/29/arizona.immigration.protests/index.html?hpt=T2

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Jenne

Freeky

OH FUCK TIME TO BREAK OUT THE HELMETS AND GUNS AND STUFF. :scared:

Freeky

Also, this can only end in tears.

OF LAUGHTER! :horrormirth: