News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

So, Jim, are you ready for The Finals™?

Started by Doktor Howl, April 22, 2010, 05:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Are you prepared to look past the stupid bickering and the daytime drama?  Are you still serious about having a good time?  Or are you still shocked and appalled that a pack of Discordians (root word is what?) and Erisians are squabbling?  Well, let me tell you something...

THIS IS NOT CONCORDIA.COM.

Do you even remember why we're here?  It isn't for the content, though that's nice.  It isn't for the plans to bring down The Machine™, because you and I both know that's not going to happen.  It isn't even for the propagation of Discordianism, because that's like bringing coals to Newcastle, these days.

We're here to associate among others of our kind.  It's really that simple.  If you feel that we aren't your kind, then by all means, go somewhere else if you're not happy.  It's a great big internet.

But if you're like me, and you want to have some folks like yourself to giggle with as the monkeys do ever-increasing silly shit, then stay.  Be strong enough to enjoy the chaos, the writing, and the companionship of some of the most creative people on the fucking web.

Because this is no century for the weak.  And it's no century to face alone.

Okay for now,
Dok.
Molon Lube

Cramulus

:)

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on December 07, 2007, 12:42:49 PM
Me And My Girl
You are
queen ridiculous
I'm the united state of mind
we are quite the pretty picture
look ahead at what's gone behind

this is
the big apocalypse
scorched earth and shallow graves
shrink wrapped mass produced slice of redemption
synthetic plastic jesus saves

I said
I'd be back later
another day that'll never come
You waited hours in the pouring hailstorm
I can't believe you would be so dumb

You take
the fuzzy sedative
and the promise of happy town
I'd read the warning on the packaging
before I'd swallow that shit down

Hands up
if you bought the teeshirt
you know the one with the smiley face?
stand up if you went the distance
the finish line of the human race

You're sick
and tired of what you see
I'm just twisted front to back
We are sleeping through the hurricane
I guess we cut each other's slack

Remington

This is the correct motorcycle.

It's probably a bit cliche now, but it's still true: sticking apart is more fun when we do it together. Dok's right on this: the bottom line is that we as a community function better together. A good example of this is the Psycho Letters: one person started off with a great rant, and other people joined in in a chain-reaction of insight and perspective. No one person could create all of that, it took the combined efforts of the greater group.

The best projects that PD puts out are always the ones in which its members collaborate. We're stronger together than we are as individuals, and yes. Squabbling and fight-picking is kinda par for the course when so many creative people share one space. We deal with it, we move on, we grow.
Is it plugged in?

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 22, 2010, 05:38:20 PM
Are you prepared to look past the stupid bickering and the daytime drama?  Are you still serious about having a good time?  Or are you still shocked and appalled that a pack of Discordians (root word is what?) and Erisians are squabbling?  Well, let me tell you something...

THIS IS NOT CONCORDIA.COM.

Do you even remember why we're here?  It isn't for the content, though that's nice.  It isn't for the plans to bring down The Machine™, because you and I both know that's not going to happen.  It isn't even for the propagation of Discordianism, because that's like bringing coals to Newcastle, these days.

We're here to associate among others of our kind.  It's really that simple.  If you feel that we aren't your kind, then by all means, go somewhere else if you're not happy.  It's a great big internet.

But if you're like me, and you want to have some folks like yourself to giggle with as the monkeys do ever-increasing silly shit, then stay.  Be strong enough to enjoy the chaos, the writing, and the companionship of some of the most creative people on the fucking web.

Because this is no century for the weak.  And it's no century to face alone.

Okay for now,
Dok.

You know I agree with you Dok.  And I know in my head it's just that time of year.  It just seems lately that time of year hasn't stopped.  And in the scheme of OMGWTF life, it just gets exhausting.

I need this place and the people here.  For my sanity.  Because you are so right, this is no century to face alone.

Thanks!!!

That One Guy

Works for me, Dok. I like this place because there's fewer and fewer monkeys that take a look around them and laugh these days. This place has always been a place where I can laugh with the other monkeys that are laughing at everything going on around us, from the day-to-day stuff to the apocalyptic harbingers.

It's ALL funny, and it's all going to get MORE funny in the coming years. I like having somewhere to go where other people get the joke too.

When I first ran across this place, all I was looking for was an e-copy of the PD. That's it. Wasn't looking for a bunch of like-minded spags, or making amazing content or meeting amazing people or even just another random internet forum. However, when I ran across the madness of the forums and saw that here were others - like me - that were laughing just as hard at the joke, I couldn't help but stick around.

Often, I disagree with many people who I do or don't like. These feelings have changed over the years for everyone here. Sometimes I get annoyed with certain people, then I get over it (or don't). But that doesn't change the fact that, regardless of how well we do or don't get along, the other people here seem to get the joke.

THAT is the "hive-mind" that I jump into gladly, and that's why no matter what I'll undoubtedly be here for the forseeable future. It's a rare thing to see the joke and still recognize the monkey is the one laughing - the seeing and the being a part of the joke, all at the same time. Most if not all of the people that stick around here recognize that (at least as far as I can see), and that's why I've been here since January or February '07 and why I'll most likely stick around for as long as we push electrons through the servers.
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

I don't see much of a point in bringing drama to myself. Hence, the reason why I ended up taking time away from the board in the first place. It became just a crusade for people to shit on one another, then make up, only to have it start all over again. Sure, it gives people something to talk about at the watercooler, because, apparently, your lives are too boring and mundane to realize that just because things aren't going your way you take it as a way to just blow it out of proportion or take it out on someone else. I'm sorry, I can't be a part of something I have tried so hard to stay away from. Call me weak or whatnot. But I'm done playing the game with this. It's not my thing. I enjoyed everyone I've talked to on here, and there was alot of awesome content. It's just not worth it anymore.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: NiveK Rayne on April 23, 2010, 12:04:49 AM
I don't see much of a point in bringing drama to myself. Hence, the reason why I ended up taking time away from the board in the first place. It became just a crusade for people to shit on one another, then make up, only to have it start all over again. Sure, it gives people something to talk about at the watercooler, because, apparently, your lives are too boring and mundane to realize that just because things aren't going your way you take it as a way to just blow it out of proportion or take it out on someone else. I'm sorry, I can't be a part of something I have tried so hard to stay away from. Call me weak or whatnot. But I'm done playing the game with this. It's not my thing. I enjoyed everyone I've talked to on here, and there was alot of awesome content. It's just not worth it anymore.

Okay.
Molon Lube

-Kel-

ARRRRRRGH!

NO I AM NOT READY FOR THE FINALS!

I HAVE SIX PAPERS TO WRITE

A HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT

AND FIVE EXAMS

ALL IN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: NiveK Rayne on April 23, 2010, 12:04:49 AM

Awwwww

I will miss your drawings.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."