News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

Apparently you can sue mohammed's heirs for libel.

Started by Da6s, April 23, 2010, 02:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da6s

http://gatesofvienna.blogspot.com/2010/04/suing-mohammeds-heirs-for-libel.html

Quote"You and your clients apparently continue to insist that Muhammed ibn 'Abd Allah al-Hashimi al-Qurashi may not be portrayed or caricatured. This implies that you and your clients give your unconditional support to the text of the Quran, as it exists today, as well as to the Hadith that, combined with the Quran (and the Sirat) form the basis of Islam and Sharia.

The descendants of the people whom your clients' forefather compared to apes, pigs and rats, and whose case we now represent, feel not only personally insulted, but also emotionally aggrieved by these denigrations, as their own ancestors have been ridiculed, persecuted and expelled from their lands, since the Quran and Hadith imply that non-Muslims are the enemies of Allah and therefore were and are to be treated as outlaws. Due to the fact that Muhammed ibn 'Abd Allah al-Hashimi al-Qurashi claimed, that not he, but Allah was the author of this insult and thus ascribed the saying to him, we find this not only blasphemous but also a thinly disguised attempt to decriminalize Muhammed ibn 'Abd Allah al-Hashimi al-Qurashi's own misdemeanors. This will possibly be addressed in a later court case."

And then it gets better:
QuoteThe lawsuit demands an apology, and also that the offending passages of the Koran be changed or removed from all publicly available copies of the book in mosques, libraries, etc., by the end of this year.

It divides the offensive material up into seven categories:

1.       There are passages asserting that certain Jews are descendants of apes and pigs,
2.       that there is only one god and that this god is Allah,
3.       that Muhammed ibn 'Abd Allah al-Hashimi al-Qurashi is his last prophet,
4.       that everyone who does not believe this and the day of judgment are doomed to spend eternity in hell and here on earth they shall be persecuted, tortured or murdered unless they convert to the Muslims' god Allah and approve the Muslims' prophet Muhammed as god's messenger
5.       that Allah should furnish detailed revelations of certain people's sex-life,
6.       that Muhammad ibn 'Abd Allah al-Hashimi al-Qurashi seen in today's light still is the best example people can have (in spite of his barbaric behavior).
7.       We also claim that the said Muhammad is responsible for a century-old persecution of women by asserting that they are worth less than men in intelligence, in matters of inheritance economy and parentage. For that we need a major alteration to be made public.

:hashishim:

We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Template

This is an awesome response.
:lulz:

There's going to be so much crossfire, though.
:horrormirth:

Seriously, an extensive (proactive) PR campaign would probably make such a suit more productive and less likely to become a cause for violence.

Triple Zero

I don't quite understand ... who is sueing who?

Also that blog is supporting Geert Wilders, this can't be good.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Da6s

Quote from: Triple Zero on April 23, 2010, 05:21:44 PM

Saudi law firm boasts that it represents thousands of "descendants of mohammed.

Saudi law firm sues danish newspapers regarding political cartoons.

Danes get pissed.

Pissed off danes retaliate like this:

QuoteAnd now a new organization has sprung up to take exactly the action I was hoping for last year: it is countersuing the descendants of Mr. Mohammed Pbuh, Esq. Led by Hans Erling Jensen, a group called Eticha has filed a libel lawsuit on behalf of all the non-Muslims whom Mohammed defamed and insulted in the Koran.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Da6s on April 23, 2010, 06:49:33 PM

Saudi law firm boasts that it represents thousands of "descendants of mohammed.

Saudi law firm sues danish newspapers regarding political cartoons.

Danes get pissed.

Pissed off danes retaliate like this:

QuoteAnd now a new organization has sprung up to take exactly the action I was hoping for last year: it is countersuing the descendants of Mr. Mohammed Pbuh, Esq. Led by Hans Erling Jensen, a group called Eticha has filed a libel lawsuit on behalf of all the non-Muslims whom Mohammed defamed and insulted in the Koran.

Sounds like a massive class action lawsuit.  My immediate impression was that it was on the part of the Jews, but it sounds like they are suing on everyone's behalf.  I don't know how Danish law works, but under US law they'd have to send notification to all non Muslims that this suit was being proposed so we could let them know that we wish to take part in it.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Reginald Ret

People don't have to be smart to create funny situations.

I hope this triggers a wave of people suing religions/religious figures.
That would be hilarious.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Triple Zero

Quote from: Regret on April 24, 2010, 07:37:00 AM
People don't have to be smart to create funny situations.

I hope this triggers a wave of people suing religions/religious figures.
That would be hilarious.

troof.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.