News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

Hello darkness my old friend

Started by Sepia, May 06, 2010, 04:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sepia

You were always the best of them, to me. You were always the shining star among yourselves and we always knew you, knew where to find you. The desolate churches, the bursting malls, the hearts of all men and women, you were there, you were always there. Sometimes it took a while to find you but we got around to you in the end, all of us ever did, falling asleep drooling on you in the comfort of the awkward silence, spreading through the night.

Like we did, made of something more than the sum of ourselves and our songs, our eulogies. We made it to the obituaries, we made it past the veil and we wanted reward, we wanted something solid but we erred, we misunderstood it when we learned it the first time so we spent too many years chasing ghosts and poltergeists, going after the sound we had in our head, we knew how it would sound when we heard it but there were no bells more perfect than our minds and it was in that moment we understood what we'd become, who we had become.

We looked for a permanent light to shine on ourselves, we wanted a rest but we wanted to find it on the outside, where things lived and breathed, we had seen the light many times on the inside but it was choked, simplified, neutered. The light on the inside was always waning, always travelling towards extinction and knowing it but we were choking with tears as we fell on the asphalt and raised our hands and we tried to shake you off and we were dogs in the rain.

It was said that some burn with a greater fire and are extinguished earlier while those who are dim their lives throughout never really end and they become the nightmare dick spoke of, they become the virus that burroughs prophesized and we became gysins animals as we searched for a different light, a light not chained out there in the abyss. We searched the seas and the forests, we went to the deserts and we went to the peaks but we found nothing, there was no light underneath the stars.

We stopped by a glade next to a waterfall and we sat down as we wept, like a tree deep in the forest. We hardened up again, forgot our emotions and put on the armor before we went out into the world so silent.
Everyone will always be too late

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish