News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

What video game world would you live in?

Started by Cramulus, May 26, 2010, 03:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikelos

Quote from: Fredyjafjallajökull on May 30, 2010, 02:57:19 AM
what about the elder scrolls games. non players seem to have normal lives. i guess. or they are just one of the few games ive played lol

I haven't played Oblivion... but in Morrowind I always felt cities were really empty... somewhat dead...

NotPublished

In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Rev. Dr. Narot

Quote from: NotPublished on May 30, 2010, 09:25:33 AM
Oblivion had a decent population

Pretty funny blog where a player played a NPC and blogged his experiences...

http://livinginoblivion.wordpress.com/
"The only person I hate more than you, is myself, asshole."

Cramulus

Quote from: Fredyjafjallajökull on May 30, 2010, 02:57:19 AM
what about the elder scrolls games. non players seem to have normal lives. i guess. or they are just one of the few games ive played lol

daggerfall = you'd be a peasant surrounded by 64 thousand square miles of peasants.Or you'd live in an incomprehensibly big city running a book store or something. It wouldn't be bad unless you lived in a haunted city like Daggerfall

morrowind = the ashlands don't sound too pleasant, honestly. slavery, violent house politics, cliff racers...

oblivion = yeah actually this could be pretty nice.

Faust

I think I'd like to live in the world of shadow of the colossus. As long as you don't disturb the guardians it's pretty safe, relaxing and picturesque
Sleepless nights at the chateau

memy

Quote from: Faust on May 30, 2010, 02:31:02 PM
I think I'd like to live in the world of shadow of the colossus. As long as you don't disturb the guardians it's pretty safe, relaxing and picturesque

I was going to say that one, but I was afraid that "average joe" would include being one of the actual statues, since they aren't really all that special except for the endboss, and he couldn't even walk.

That would just be too depressing, although at least when I get stabbed twice in the arm after mulling around a bit I'll just collapse into an empty husk and not feel any more pain. Still, looks sad anyway.

Being any other human would be nice though, what with the garden, and being able to actually walk up on that bridge again, and not being a retarded Romeo martyr.
ma-ma-say ma-ma-sah ma-ma-co-sah

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Ikelos

Quote from: Cramulus on May 30, 2010, 01:54:48 PM
morrowind = the ashlands don't sound too pleasant, honestly. slavery, violent house politics, cliff racers...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95/discordman/pterodactylyougonnagetraped.jpg

:argh!: I hate you cliff racers... I HATE YOU...

NotPublished

Quote from: Narot on May 30, 2010, 11:07:33 AM
Quote from: NotPublished on May 30, 2010, 09:25:33 AM
Oblivion had a decent population

Pretty funny blog where a player played a NPC and blogged his experiences...

http://livinginoblivion.wordpress.com/

:lulz: it seems funny so far

My friend is strange ... she'll hijack a house (possibly with a person still living there) then try to rearrange the furniture and go around the world stealing forks and knives from the castle just to fix her dinner table... She shouldn't be allowed to play games! Too scared to attack anyone :lol:

... its funny seeing her running for her life.
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

i usually have a house in each city for all the stuff i stole/won
and i arrange books and put out nice bowls  :D

Faust

I did the same thing but with candles and lanterns.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

AFK

Quote from: Cramulus on May 30, 2010, 01:54:48 PM

Yeah, Morrowind would suck all kinds of awful.  It seems like a majority of the places you go are steeped in abject poverty or are just complete wastelands.  Everyone is living in caves or weird plant things.  There are annoying, lethal monsteres seemingly everywhere you turn.  I suppose if you lived in one of the big fancy cities or castle things you'd be alright.  Even then, it seems like it's just a matter of time before some big demon from hell gets set loose and eats everything. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Rev. Dr. Narot

Quote from: Fredyjafjallajökull on May 31, 2010, 03:07:10 AM
i usually have a house in each city for all the stuff i stole/won
and i arrange books and put out nice bowls  :D

I had a great empire going on with a number of houses and everything, until I progressed to a point where I had killed a homeowner that was related to a quest I needed to do. That "Belarus Manor" (I think it was called that) became my crib of cribs.

Usually I end up going on a mad spree for wealth via alchemy, stealing from the mages guild and making a bunch of crap potions that everyone seems happy to buy lol... The char I have now is over in Shivering Isles and I'm lugging around a ton of stuff, eagerly awaiting my return to dump it all off. I'd have every house in the game if I wasn't so paranoid that I'd kill an important NPC :)
"The only person I hate more than you, is myself, asshole."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on May 26, 2010, 03:17:23 PM
If you could go live in the universe from a video game, which would you choose?

SCV in Starcraft.  D/N/T.
Molon Lube

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 01, 2010, 03:32:28 AM
Quote from: Cramulus on May 26, 2010, 03:17:23 PM
If you could go live in the universe from a video game, which would you choose?

SCV in Starcraft.  D/N/T.
Zergling rush, most SCV's get killed.
Nuclear strike on command centre, most SCV's get killed.
Any attack ever by a smart human player, most SCV's get killed.

No thanks.
They look cool though.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"