News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

Tonights menu

Started by Adios, June 03, 2010, 09:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

This wasn't tonight, it was Friday.  Anniversary.

Went to Menton, a new place in Boston.  It was the single most elegant and refined meal of my life.  Seven-course chef's tasting menu.  Each dish, each bite, had complex layers of flavor, and the wine evolved over the course of the night, matching the dishes perfectly.

At the end of the night, the check came to $700.  For two people.

And you know what?  I may be eating potatoes for the next three weeks, but it was fucking worth it.

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on September 21, 2010, 08:20:33 PM
This wasn't tonight, it was Friday.  Anniversary.

Went to Menton, a new place in Boston.  It was the single most elegant and refined meal of my life.  Seven-course chef's tasting menu.  Each dish, each bite, had complex layers of flavor, and the wine evolved over the course of the night, matching the dishes perfectly.

At the end of the night, the check came to $700.  For two people.

And you know what?  I may be eating potatoes for the next three weeks, but it was fucking worth it.

Fuck yeah.

I tried our top dining place here.

While they did have an excellent and extensive wine cellar, the food was Chefs Ego.

$300 for two, and it sucked. Next anniversary we will Supersize it for the little lady and spend the money on a room with a hot tub.

Adios

Chili. And the smell is driving me nuts.

Kai

Appetizers:

Crusty Bread
Swiss Cheese
Vermont Cheddar

Main Course:

Beef Pot Roast with Tomatoes, Russet Potatoes and Carrots

To drink: 2009 Redwood Creek Cabernet Sauvingnion

Hell yes, bitches.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Freeky

Doro Wat with rice! :D

Tomorrow it is, I mean. I don't know what is tonight's food.

Jasper

I just googled Doro Wat.  It sounds intoxicating.

Freeky

Quote from: Sigmatic on September 25, 2010, 11:30:50 PM
I just googled Doro Wat.  It sounds intoxicating.

I've made the beef version (sik sik wat), and it's fucking amazing.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on September 25, 2010, 11:27:48 PM
Doro Wat with rice! :D

Tomorrow it is, I mean. I don't know what is tonight's food.

NOMMMMMMM
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Tonight I'm making spaghetti for the kids, and eating Mexican food at the fundraiser.

I am sooo planning on not dancing.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jenne

Hotter than hell here, so maybe taco salad.

Dysfunctional Cunt

I can't believe I'm saying this but.....

YAY it's getting chilly and staying that way soooooo.....

White bean and smoked turkey chili.  I went a bit overboard and instead of my normal couple of roasted poblanos, I also added a couple of beautiful little habeneros that were just crying out to be eaten....

All bubbling away in my crockpot waiting for me to get home and NOM NOM NOM

Jasper

Yeah, part of why I'm looking forward to the cold is so I can make warming foods, like split pea soup with roast ham.  Or pot roast.  Or chili.

Miss them so much.  :cry:

Adios

My ass, since it's being handed to me.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Braised pork belly, sauteed turnip cubes, steamed brussels sprouts with a splash of red wine vinegar.

Freeky

A bag of mini rice cakes (cheddar flavor), and maybe some fried vidalia onion and sundried tomatoes.