News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

Thai Sweet n' Spicy Lemongrass Pasta

Started by Suu, June 04, 2010, 02:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

It really sounds cooler than it is.

First, gather your ingredients:

Hey what's this stuff? Leftover sauces from Nime Chow!

Crushed peanuts, pepper relish, lemongrass sauce, and uh...unsalted butter.

First boil your pasta. In this case I used whole grain rotini. I forgot to take a picture of the pasta, so instead you get this.

ROTINI!!
\

Moving right along, once your pasta is cooked and drained, throw the butter into the still hot wok...yes, I'm still cooking only in a wok...to melt it.

Combine the lemongrass sauce and pepper relish into a cup. Add melted butter. Stir.

Pour over pasta and mix well. Garnish with crushed peanuts and enjoy!

At first it wasn't that awesome, then after a few bites you could really get the lemongrass and peppers along with the sweetness of the peanuts and butter. It worked pretty well. Not bad for a "this is what's in the fridge, let's see what I can do."
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Fractalbeard

This actually sounds really good as is, or as an awesome base for a shit ton of other dishes. I want some now.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insuficiently advanced.

Jasper

Hey!

I like.

(Also, did a double take when I saw the comic, wasn't expecting that. :lol:)