News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

Cutbax in Germany

Started by Verbal Mike, June 08, 2010, 04:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verbal Mike

http://www.thelocal.de/money/20100608-27715.html
Looks like some *serious* rolling back of the whole welfare state thing is going on here thanks to the recession. Discuss.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: VERBL on June 08, 2010, 04:22:59 PM
http://www.thelocal.de/money/20100608-27715.html
Looks like some *serious* rolling back of the whole welfare state thing is going on here thanks to the recession. Discuss.

Is this due to the bailouts?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Verbal Mike

I dunno. I think it's due to the government generally having found itself with less money than it's supposed to have.

And look, now people are pointing out that one thing that hasn't been cut is money the state gives the church: http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/0,1518,699422,00.html (in German)
Getting fun now. :fap:
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

BabylonHoruv

Cutting programs that help the poor seems like a good way to worsen the recession to me.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: VERBL on June 08, 2010, 07:02:25 PM
I dunno. I think it's due to the government generally having found itself with less money than it's supposed to have.

And look, now people are pointing out that one thing that hasn't been cut is money the state gives the church: http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/0,1518,699422,00.html (in German)
Getting fun now. :fap:

Ich sprache nicht Deutsch.

So, wait, Germany gives money to the church? Catholic or Lutheran (or both)?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Vene

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on June 10, 2010, 01:48:13 AM
Cutting programs that help the poor seems like a good way to worsen the recession to me.
But we all know that poor people are horrible, horrible sub-humans who rot everything they touch.

Jasper

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on June 10, 2010, 01:48:13 AM

Yeah, it'd be more realistic to fund it more than ever at a time like this.

Requia ☣

That would require planning ahead in the budget though.  Something that seems to be beyond the comprehension of politicians.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Vene

Quote from: Requia ☣ on June 10, 2010, 03:38:47 AM
That would require planning ahead in the budget though.  Something that seems to be beyond the comprehension of politicians.
I'd also blame it on the voters. We're the idiots who demand that the government pay back any surplus revenues when times are good instead of holding it in reserve for when the economy goes boom, and then when it does go boom we wonder why the fuck there's deficit spending.

Jasper

I blame the business and economics professors that trained this bumper crop of yahoos.

Should have flunked their dumb asses.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Sigmatic on June 11, 2010, 07:57:28 AM
I blame the business and economics professors that trained this bumper crop of yahoos.

Should have flunked their dumb asses.

Yep, it was all of the math illiterates.

http://masksoferis.wordpress.com/2010/06/10/math-rage/

QuoteWhy, you ask? Because it's your fault.

And what is your fault?

Everything.

Every single fucking thing that's wrong about the world.

Every single cockeyed financial decision made by governments, companies and individuals is your fault. You should have known, you math-ignorant cretin; you should have found out what the numbers mean, but instead you just stared like a deer at the headlights unable to differentiate between a million and a billion.

Every stock market crash is your fault, because your kind has no idea of how such largely random systems can fluctuate, so you just march into the disaster, and so doing amplify it tenfold. Or thousandfold; I don't expect you to know the difference. Debtors' jails are full of your kind because you have no sense of what an interest actually means, or of how diligently randomness works in conspiring to bring your wishful thinking to ruin. You don't think ahead, you don't think how things work, you don't even think if they can work. Every prosperous get-rich criminal and every fleeced little old lady is your fault. Every bright idea ruined by clods with no sense of probability is in your ledger, including the disaster after the Hindenburg disaster. Yes, you are the reason we don't have dirigibles; you panicked after Hindenburg and your bovine incomprehension and paranoia was the end of that beautiful era. We could have had airships if it wasn't for you and your inability to understand mathematics!

Bernie Madoff and his kin are your children, you cretin. Every Powerpoint-wielding corporate graph abuser, lying with unlabeled, mismatched and cut-off axes, false percentages, omitted totals and rigged questionnaires, is your brood too. You give birth to them; you suckle them; they go to their graves well-fed by your incomprehending innumeracy. You feed the homeopaths and the crystal healers and the other bloodsucking scum, because your fool brain gibbers whenever a power of ten shows up and supposes that math can't bite you in the ass if you don't look at it. Creationists and the endurance of their childish mathematical abominations are your fault, as are all the lives ruined because of the perverted paraphilias of astrology and numerology. Every child deprived of a snack because its parental idiot unit bought the Bible Code instead is your fault, and that child is crying.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘