Author Topic: Rough night  (Read 1834 times)

Adios

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
Re: Rough night
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 12:56:58 pm »
:lulz: You are really determined to have that tent-thing in your backyard, against all odds, aren't you?

It has now become a matter of principle. I WILL NOT allow nature to beat me.

Ahem.

hu·bris [ hybriss ]
noun 

Definition:

1. pride: excessive pride or arrogance.
2. excessive ambition: the excessive pride and ambition that usually leads to the downfall of a hero in classical tragedy.

It was optimisim.

That's just what Aggamemnon said.

Who?

Adios

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 12:58:52 pm »
Nevermind. Google worked. :)

Adios

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2010, 03:55:21 pm »
Now I'm pissed.

AFK

• We all
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2010, 04:00:08 pm »
I think your tent needs to be made out of whatever that fully intact and upright grill is made out of. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Adios

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 04:01:32 pm »
We had 70 MPH gusts and 60 MPH sustained winds last night. The updraft is what's killing me.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

• Fred?
  • Deserved It
  • Pissss
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 04:03:07 pm »
you are trying to keep a tent in your backyard during tornado season?  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: good one

Sir Squid Diddimus

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2010, 04:04:43 pm »
Suggestion-
   Keep your canopy safely stowed in a garage or shed until you intend to use it?
Sounds like a pain in the ass but I would think it beats having to re-build the thing after every storm.
 :? perhaps

Adios

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2010, 04:06:14 pm »
you are trying to keep a tent in your backyard during tornado season?  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: good one

It's how I roll.  :D

Adios

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2010, 04:07:06 pm »
Suggestion-
Sounds like a pain in the ass but I would think it beats having to re-build the thing after every storm.

It took over 2 hours to assemble the thing.

BUT!

I have a plan!

Sir Squid Diddimus

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2010, 04:08:53 pm »
Oh. Well, carry on then

Adios

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2010, 06:08:50 pm »
Maybe I won't bitch about the pergola right now. Neighbors are out looking for their stuff that blew away. A trash can hit a car and damaged the rear bumper.

And My house.  :cry:

Freeky

• Can't breathe anymore.
  • Deserved It
  • wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2010, 06:23:23 pm »
Suggestion-

It took over 2 hours to assemble the thing.

BUT!

I have a plan!

For great justice?!
If someone does the “Fine, you’re right, I’m clearly a terrible person, I’m Satan, I’m the worst person alive, I should just die” thing in response to criticism of their harmful behavior, they are trying to manipulate people and flip the situation around so that they look like a victim.

As a neuroscientist I have to disagree with the perception that anyone is doing mathematical modeling of cognitive intelligence, yet; intelligence as an economist defines it, yes, but economists are worlds away from actual cognition.

Although it is outside the purview of this organization to offer personal advice, we can say -- without assuming any liability -- that previous experience indicates (and recent market studies corroborate) that given the present condition of the marketplace, continuing with your present course of action is likely to result in substantial in

Adios

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2010, 06:38:35 pm »
Plan is on hold until I get my house fixed.

Freeky

• Can't breathe anymore.
  • Deserved It
  • wat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2010, 06:42:34 pm »
Oh.
If someone does the “Fine, you’re right, I’m clearly a terrible person, I’m Satan, I’m the worst person alive, I should just die” thing in response to criticism of their harmful behavior, they are trying to manipulate people and flip the situation around so that they look like a victim.

As a neuroscientist I have to disagree with the perception that anyone is doing mathematical modeling of cognitive intelligence, yet; intelligence as an economist defines it, yes, but economists are worlds away from actual cognition.

Although it is outside the purview of this organization to offer personal advice, we can say -- without assuming any liability -- that previous experience indicates (and recent market studies corroborate) that given the present condition of the marketplace, continuing with your present course of action is likely to result in substantial in