News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

Homophobic bigot to be Poland's next President?

Started by Cain, July 01, 2010, 10:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Probably, since Jarosław Kaczyński of the hilariously misnamed Law and Justice Party is now a frontrunner in the polls to become President.

Kaczyński said, in 2005,

Quotehomosexuals should not be isolated, however they should not be school teachers for example. Active homosexuals surely not, in any case

and

QuoteThe affirmation of homosexuality will lead to the downfall of civilization. We can't agree to it

In June 2006, while the party was in power, the state prosecutor announced an investigation of all gay groups for illegal financing, criminal connections, and pedophilia. This came in response to a May 12 letter from Wojciech Wierzejski, a front-bench member of Parliament for and a vice-president of the League of Polish Families (Roman Giertych, the chairman of the League has been appointed minister of education). The League at that time made part of the government led by Jarosław Kaczyński.

Also, for those of you in the UK keeping count, Kaczyński is one of the Tory's new European allies.  Progressive conservatism!

Iason Ouabache

He'd fit in perfectly with American Republicans. Hell, he's milder than Rick Santorum or Mike Huckabee.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

malvarma

I foresee an alliance between Poland and Uganda.
Follow me at http://twitter.com/normalioifyp and I'll follow you back. Let's totally be BFFs.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain