News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

ATTN TUCSONSPAGS: HALP

Started by Cait M. R., July 02, 2010, 03:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 02, 2010, 07:29:19 PM
Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on July 02, 2010, 07:24:14 PM
I was under the impression that one of was only supposed to POSE as a family member, and wasn't actually calling us his/her family, and as such I was just gonna give them the address of a shelter or something so it would seem more legit, had I been able to do it.

I might be mistaken in my interpretation of that post, but that's what I got out of it.

It doesn't matter at this point anyway, other than maybe the advice posts about finding help and getting back on feet.

What good would running to Tucson do him?  It's no better here than PA, and it's way fucking hotter.

I'd only set up shop in a joint like Tucson with secured employment, local knoweldge of what areas are known for what, signifigant liquid and semi automatic resources, and possible advance bombardment.  Rolling in without much cash or prospect seems like a good way to get eaten Mad Max style.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Freeky

Quote from: Richter on July 02, 2010, 08:04:40 PM
I was under the impression that one of was only supposed to POSE as a family member, and wasn't actually calling us his/her family, and as such I was just gonna give them the address of a shelter or something so it would seem more legit, had I been able to do it.

I might be mistaken in my interpretation of that post, but that's what I got out of it.

It doesn't matter at this point anyway, other than maybe the advice posts about finding help and getting back on feet.

What good would running to Tucson do him?  It's no better here than PA, and it's way fucking hotter.

I'd only set up shop in a joint like Tucson with secured employment, local knoweldge of what areas are known for what, signifigant liquid and semi automatic resources, and possible advance bombardment.  Rolling in without much cash or prospect seems like a good way to get eaten Mad Max style.

This.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Richter on July 02, 2010, 08:04:40 PM

I'd only set up shop in a joint like Tucson with secured employment, local knoweldge of what areas are known for what, signifigant liquid and semi automatic resources, and possible advance bombardment.  Rolling in without much cash or prospect seems like a good way to get eaten Mad Max style.

I did it 10 years ago and survived, but I hopped the first train for GTFO when the icebergs started hitting about 3-4 years later. I don't know what Tucson is like now, but if it's anything like where it was headed when I left, I'd stick with PA.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Based on what little I know from my experience with mentally ill friends, Cait's post makes me think of schizophrenia, which is  :x.

Cait, I hope you have found somewhere safe to stay. Tucson in the summer is NOT SAFE. Please don't try to find strangers to stay with; stick with social services! Please! You are young and vulnerable; people you only know from a few posts over the internet ARE NOT SAFE. Please seek local services!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

And I actually forgot about this thread all weekend. God, I love you POTF. <3

And no, this is not Kai'enne. Kai'enne is smart, has a job, has a home, lives in Toronto, and is hellava more mentally stable than this.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

The Good Reverend Roger

Bump for outrageous weirdness from the past.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

Such a sad, strange person. :(  I hope they managed to stay safe and, you know, alive.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad on April 07, 2011, 03:39:36 PM
Such a sad, strange person. :(  I hope they managed to stay safe and, you know, alive.

Shit, me too.  :sad:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

East Coast Hustle

Not me. Somebody's gotta be food for the local sub-mutants, and I'd rather it was some random crazy kid than one of you spags.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Payne

Cait apparently still visits IRC on a semi regular basis.

Fear not, gentlefriends.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Payne on April 07, 2011, 06:25:00 PM

Fear not, gentlefriends.

Tell him to KSFTB.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Payne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 07, 2011, 06:34:17 PM

Fear not, gentlefriends.

Tell him to KSFTB.

I've never seen him around. I asked people who are there more often than I am.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Payne on April 07, 2011, 06:41:03 PM

Fear not, gentlefriends.

Tell him to KSFTB.

Oh, okay.  I'm just not inclined to be nice to someone who told me to commit fraud and let him sleep on my couch indefinitey, or he'd kill himself.

Payne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 07, 2011, 06:49:12 PM
Quote from: Payne on April 07, 2011, 06:41:03 PM

Fear not, gentlefriends.

Tell him to KSFTB.

Oh, okay.  I'm just not inclined to be nice to someone who told me to commit fraud and let him sleep on my couch indefinitey, or he'd kill himself.

For sure Rev.

I just never see him around to pass on The Good News for you.