News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

Some ukein' for you

Started by DiscoUkulele, July 24, 2010, 09:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiscoUkulele

DiscoUkulele plays the uke

My uke skills far surpass my singing abilities. Just to warn you.

I've been thinking about recording some of the sacred hymns from the PD, too.  :lulz:
You shouldn't let poets lie to you.
                                 - Bjork

Kai

Nice uke playing. Concert or soprano?

I've been recently surprised at how well renaissance folk lute music works for concert and tenor 'ukulele.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Jasper

I was recently gifted a uke and I gotta say it's really hard for me to make anything sound good.  Makes me appreciate how much talent it takes.  Rock on. :)

AFK

I've got a uke too.  There are actually some pretty good websites that teach you tuning, chords, tunes., etc. 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Kai

Quote from: Sigmatic on July 24, 2010, 09:59:14 PM
I was recently gifted a uke and I gotta say it's really hard for me to make anything sound good.  Makes me appreciate how much talent it takes.  Rock on. :)

One of the best things you can do to increase tone on an uke is replace the original strings from the manufacturer (usually crap) with new crystal nylon strings. The stock strings are often really terrible in my experience. That, and proper tuning. Everything else is just practice.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Jasper

Probably you're right.  The strings feel kinda plasticy and one is missing, and I'm sure it's completely out of tune.

Read:  It was a gift. :lol:

Telarus

This is awesome. I also play D&D with the Duke of Uke PDX (from the Sub Genius sect), Jim Cser. You should all check his stuff out:

http://home.pacifier.com/~jimcser/
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!