Main Menu

So, here's what imma gonna do...

Started by Dimocritus, July 28, 2010, 04:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuddlefish

Quote from: Charley Brown on August 04, 2010, 07:58:17 PM
Quote from: Cuddlefish on August 04, 2010, 07:56:24 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on August 04, 2010, 07:54:51 PM
for a girl. Give the closest guy your bra and make him wear it.

stand in a chair and start preaching

It's good, but what I noticed was that many of the instructions that required speaking got totally drowned out, even if they stole a mic.

Hmmm. You could have pre made posterboard signs and the letter could direct to go get one and hold it over your head with various messages.

Ok, now we're huffin' deisel.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

LMNO

Fingerpaints.  Message reads, "The person to your left is your canvas.  Go."

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on August 04, 2010, 08:00:42 PM

I LIKE!

Nephew Twiddleton

YES.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

NWC

this is awesome. Such a cool idea to begin with, and a lot of good suggestions. I especially love Cram's thumb partner idea.

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on July 28, 2010, 04:28:59 PM
"It is now time for NO PANTS."

I saw A Perfect Circle 4 or 5 years ago, and Maynard told everyone that the next song was alot better with your pants off, and about half of the people there took off their pants.

Quote from: Cap'n dimo on August 04, 2010, 05:59:17 PM
One: Scepticism. It was tough, at first, to get people to just take the envelope and put it away without looking at it or questioning it (you would have been surprised how many people looked directly at it after being told to not look at it). Some people were very resistant. However, by the end of the night, I was able to perfect my shtick to make changing hands much simpler. Less talk (gives them less time to question  or react), a sense of privacy and earnest, and a few key power phrases ("this is a matter of national security / your country needs you") and people just automatically responded. Even the way I handed them the envelope changed the reactions. A clean unfolded envelope was twice as likely to be looked at and examined immediately, whereas if I had already folded it and stood really close to the recipient, they would just take it without question.

Maybe if you have something printed on the envelope, it would give more of a 'professional' air. Maybe a discordian seal or just in printed letters "Do not open until instructed - THE MGT". Then you could just look them in the eyes, and they would already have the instructions without any verbal exchange. It's a little more preparation, but I think it might help.
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

Adios

Cuddlefish

Ah, yes! How we do love making a mess  :evil:

Tho, if I make myself the target, there will probably be fewer pissed off people, and more fUn!

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on August 04, 2010, 07:54:38 PM
Quote from: Cuddlefish on August 04, 2010, 07:52:05 PM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on August 04, 2010, 07:50:56 PM
"Prevent the nearest envelope holder from performing their action AT ALL COSTS"

Daddy like!

Hey, Twid. (un?)related, looking at dates in sept. for putting a show together. PM me your availability.

Will do-I'll be hanging out with most of the bandmates on Saturday, I can probably give you a pretty good idea by then. Pat is in Ireland at the moment, but I'll see if I can get him to respond to email.

Cool beans. Let me know.

Apparently, our next show is this saturday, so we can test a lot of these ideas soon!

LMNO

Fingerpaints.  Message reads, "I am your canvas.  Go."

There is, however, a 63% chance your GF might get mad.

Cuddlefish

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on August 04, 2010, 08:24:35 PM
Fingerpaints.  Message reads, "I am your canvas.  Go."

There is, however, a 63% chance your GF might get mad.

I think she is immune to my bullshit by now, but if she does, VICTORY!

Cuddlefish

Oh, while I'm thinking about it: My guitarist, my bass player and myself are often directly interacting with the audience/the target of their attacks. BUT my drummer usually remains generally unharmed. How can I get him involved in a way that is funny and surprising to him, but won't fuck him up while he's playing? Juno whata mang?

Cramulus

get a bunch of people to chant his name?

Richter

Quote from: Charley Brown on August 04, 2010, 08:14:58 PM
Sign my butt. Enclose a pen.

Change it to read "Sign my left buttock".
Some fucker (me), will demand a full 2 handed spread to sign directly on the sphincter to teach you the error of ambiguous wording ways.  Unless you want some sadist tatooing your leather cheerio with a ballpoint pen while you try to sing.   
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cuddlefish

Quote from: Richter on August 04, 2010, 10:40:30 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on August 04, 2010, 08:14:58 PM
Sign my butt. Enclose a pen.

Change it to read "Sign my left buttock".
Some fucker (me), will demand a full 2 handed spread to sign directly on the sphincter to teach you the error of ambiguous wording ways.  Unless you want some sadist tatooing your leather cheerio with a ballpoint pen while you try to sing.   

Ah, if only everybody was as gung-ho...

LMNO

Quote from: Cramulus on August 04, 2010, 10:15:02 PM
get a bunch of people to chant something embarassing/awesome about him.

Cuddlefish

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on August 05, 2010, 01:08:11 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on August 04, 2010, 10:15:02 PM
get a bunch of people to chant something embarassing about him.

Okay, we're gettIng warmer, bUt...

The three of us up front are constantly punched, covered in beer, elbowed, retaliated against etc.. Generally, left in a state of discomfort for the benefit of the fans. The thing is, my bass player and gutarist have the ability to KEEP PLAYING while being attacked/upended, and I have (for the most part) my hands free, so I'm usually in the thick of things.

Yes, I want my drumeer to be included in the shindiggery, but I also want him to have to endure some discomfort, like the rest of us. Now, obviosly, we can't have someone punch him in the face and expect him to continue playing, drums require a bit more concentration. The chanting is a good idea, but there really isn't any way that he'll hear it.

Maybe we can give him light electric shocks? Maybe we can clamp clothes pins on his nipples?

Tl;dr

Be more aggressive.