News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Take Two: PD.COM Chefs, share your marinade recipies.

Started by AFK, August 02, 2010, 08:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jasper

LMNO

Garlic, lime juice, nam pla, cumin, chili powder, hot sauce.

Works for both, actually.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Sounds awful but is totally delicious.....

catalina dressing - 1 bottle
apricot preserves - 1 small jar
2 tsp toasted ground pepper of your choice
lime or lemon juice to cut it to the consistency of runny syrup!

Sir Squid Diddimus

chicken is usually-
lime, cumin, s&p, garlic, adobo, sazon, white wine

pork i like-
soy, a little ketchup, 5 spice, honey, sesame oil, hoisin, a dash of fish sauce, rice vinegar

skirt steak-
lime, cumin, adobo, sazon, smoked paprika, s&p, red wine vinegar, garlic

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on August 03, 2010, 05:00:25 PM
pork i like-
soy, a little ketchup, 5 spice, honey, sesame oil, hoisin, a dash of fish sauce, rice vinegar

ever considered adding a littlebit of grated/chopped fresh ginger to that mix?

I use about the same thing for marinading salmon.

Actually no it's soy+honey+rice vinegar+ginger+black pepper+garlic+oil,

sometimes fish sauce unless my (vegetarian) gf is also eating and I'm using the same sauce for the veggies (spring onions, paksoi, shrooms). :(

same reason I can't use anchovy as often as I'd like.

btw, awesome anchovy butter recipe: anchovy+butter+garlic+red pepper (flakes, fresh or paste)+a squeeze of lime juice. great for on tuna steak, or just on toasted baguette slices or something. actually, also great on a slice of bread. actually, it's just great.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 03, 2010, 07:39:56 PM
Quote from: Turdley Burgleson on August 03, 2010, 05:00:25 PM
pork i like-

ever considered adding a littlebit of grated/chopped fresh ginger to that mix?

I use about the same thing for marinading salmon.

Actually no it's soy+honey+rice vinegar+ginger+black pepper+garlic+oil,

sometimes fish sauce unless my (vegetarian) gf is also eating and I'm using the same sauce for the veggies (spring onions, paksoi, shrooms). :(

same reason I can't use anchovy as often as I'd like.

btw, awesome anchovy butter recipe: anchovy+butter+garlic+red pepper (flakes, fresh or paste)+a squeeze of lime juice. great for on tuna steak, or just on toasted baguette slices or something. actually, also great on a slice of bread. actually, it's just great.

shit. i knew i was forgetting one.
yes. freshly grated ginger and the juice from grating it.
thanks

and that anchovy butter shit sounds mighty damn tasty. ima do this when i get home beotch.

Storebrand

For chicken

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup pineapple juice
1/2 oil
2Tsp brown sugar
1tsp garlic salt
1tsp ginger
1tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp pepper
bring to a boil, simmer 5 min, marinate at least an hour, preferably over night

Triple Zero

I always wonder about these cup measurements, I looked it up and a cup is 0.23L, so that recipe would give you 3/4th of a liter in marinade? Isn't that, like, a LOT?
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 04, 2010, 10:19:47 AM
I always wonder about these cup measurements, I looked it up and a cup is 0.23L, so that recipe would give you 3/4th of a liter in marinade? Isn't that, like, a LOT?

Well you figure most marinade recipes are for 3 - 5 pounds of meat..... You save some a lot of the time for basting, especially if you are grilling, so not a whole lot.

Triple Zero

LMNO

Sir Squid Diddimus