News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

OK, cockwaffles, this is seriously the last straw.

Started by East Coast Hustle, August 08, 2010, 02:34:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

I wanted to remove it completely from the thread index. Not because I give a damn about new people or old, its because it looks fucking ugly, its redundant information that is in the persons profile anyway. Trip came up with a more fun solution.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cramulus

Cuddlefish

I don't mind the new post count... For now. It may get a little tired after awhile. We'll see.

Oh, and I'm not so sure about beating the pagan out of them, but I'm all for beating some sense into just about anyone.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Requia ☣ on August 09, 2010, 07:02:25 AM
This should be fun the next time somebody changes handles and everyone shits all over 'the noob'  :lol:

Didn't that already happen with Cram's alt?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Jasper

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on August 09, 2010, 05:09:36 PM
This should be fun the next time somebody changes handles and everyone shits all over 'the noob'  :lol:

And me, when I stopped being Felix.  And I think some other people too.

Cramulus

Cain

Quote from: Sigmatic on August 09, 2010, 05:17:43 PM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on August 09, 2010, 05:09:36 PM

And me, when I stopped being Felix.  And I think some other people too.

Lys got it from me ITT without even having to change his username.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Cramulus on August 09, 2010, 05:52:41 PM
what is the argument for postcounts, anyway?

They want points to show they are winning at posting?

AFK

I don't think postcounts are all that important.  If it's about seniority, date registered is more pertinent.  There are people who've only been here a couple of years but have tons of posts and people who've been around longer than me and have less than half my posts.  But beyond that, it's really the content that should be measured or argued. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Kai

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 09, 2010, 05:58:39 PM
I don't think postcounts are all that important.  If it's about seniority, date registered is more pertinent.  There are people who've only been here a couple of years but have tons of posts and people who've been around longer than me and have less than half my posts.  But beyond that, it's really the content that should be measured or argued. 

Nearly 6 years, baby.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Triple Zero

The only thing I ever used postcount for is when I didnt recognize someone's screenname and wanted to know if they were someone I might know already (in which case I still had to dig into their profile page) or a new person.

Also, it turns out a lot of people simply don't read Meta Forum? Cause we had this discussion there.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

East Coast Hustle

what the fuck is a "meta forum"?

is that, like, a pamphlet that we put out on a semi-annual basis or something?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Triple Zero

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on August 09, 2010, 07:14:42 PM
what the fuck is a "meta forum"?

is that, like, a pamphlet that we put out on a semi-annual basis or something?

Uh, no it's this subforum:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?board=11.0

Where we discuss things about the forum. Like administrative things and/or changing things in the code.

Like we did for the postcount thingy, right about here: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=25926.msg906026#msg906026

When two or three mods and some members seemed to be okay with it, a day later I started coding. But if you still hate it in a few weeks, I'll just revert it.

In the process of messing with the forum code, I also fixed a couple of bugs that had been polluting our Error Logs (see the Admin screen) for a long time. Which was successfull, cause checking now all I see is warnings over banned users and Rod Steward getting his password wrong.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Rainy Day Pixie on August 09, 2010, 10:36:06 AM
its nto as big an issue as, say, having the fucking shower not work.

The showers don't work on the forums, anyway.

Rumckle

It's not trolling, it's just satire.