News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Who legally owns the body parts!!!

Started by NotPublished, August 10, 2010, 02:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on August 10, 2010, 02:47:49 PM
Quote from: Akara on August 10, 2010, 02:44:24 PM
I think an easy way to deal with this is, if you strongly suspect you will be resurrecting, don't be a donor, or specify that only organs you don't need to live can be donated, just in case.

Donate appendix?

I never heard of an appendix transplant, what do they use it for? :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrowâ„¢
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Akara

It's like a palsy victim doing brain surgery with a pipe wrench.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 10, 2010, 02:56:20 PM
I think an easy way to deal with this is, if you strongly suspect you will be resurrecting, don't be a donor, or specify that only organs you don't need to live can be donated, just in case.

Donate appendix?

No idea, I just found the idea of donating non-vital organs funny for that reason. Like, why even go through the bother? Something like eyes ok, that's non vital, but generally the idea of donating a non-vital organ is ridiculously frivolous. I like it  :lulz:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Richter

Quote from: Cain on August 10, 2010, 02:45:51 PM
Quote from: Richter on August 10, 2010, 02:42:17 PM
I agree with Cain on this.  "Donnating" doesn't exactly imply a return clause, so I think any doctor responsible for such a situation should have to furnish the repalcements to make the wrongly donated folks "Whole", as it were.

Actually I just pointed out if you came back to life missing several organs, you'd probably only live a few hours at best.

That was the part I was agreeing with.  I also think that there should be a clause that Benny Hill music must be played when the offending Doctor finds out he's fucked.  
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Akara on August 10, 2010, 03:07:24 PM
but.... but...  :aww:

Don't give me the puppy dog eyes. My gall bladder ain't going anywhere!

Akara

when I was thinking nonessential organs I was more thinking 1 kidney, 1 eye, part of a liver... perhaps some blood vessels or  :?
but it's funnier your way.

Also, damn it, you don't need that gall bladder!  :argh!:

Kai

Quote from: Akara on August 10, 2010, 03:22:40 PM
when I was thinking nonessential organs I was more thinking 1 kidney, 1 eye, part of a liver... perhaps some blood vessels or  :?
but it's funnier your way.

Also, damn it, you don't need that gall bladder!  :argh!:

I guess you must really like being fat and unable to process lipids then.

I'm sure my girlfriend would love to have her gall bladder back.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Akara

see! so your gf can benefit from this non-essential organ donation scheme! perfect!

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Akara on August 10, 2010, 05:05:43 PM
see! so your gf can benefit from this non-essential organ donation scheme! perfect!

She can get it from someone else. I'll need that shit when I rise from the grave.

Akara

what, are you expecting to process lipids and store bile while resurrected? i doubt you'll need to eat. besides, what if you get cremated, or they make your grave face the wrong direction? those things can have terrible effects on potential resurrection.

Adios

Quote from: Akara on August 10, 2010, 05:34:14 PM
what, are you expecting to process lipids and store bile while resurrected? i doubt you'll need to eat. besides, what if you get cremated, or they make your grave face the wrong direction? those things can have terrible effects on potential resurrection.

:lulz:

AFK

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 10, 2010, 02:56:20 PM

Donate appendix?

I think they use that for extra supporting tissues that are important, but they take up too much room to be in the main body, but they're there when you need to use them. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Akara on August 10, 2010, 05:34:14 PM

Do you know how much fat a human body in America contains? Of course I'll need to process lipids when I return. I'm going to have to go through a lot of adipose tissue in my food before I get to the good stuff! No cremation, per my specific request. I'll also be put in a glass chamber standing up so I won't have to go through the trouble of pulling myself up.

Akara

how are you doing to get them to preserve your body? pretty much all the chemicals they use would kill things if they weren't already dead, making your tissues unfit for life... additionally, if you went for the vacuum pack preservation method in your glass chamber, how would you breathe when resurrected? if you don't need to breath, why would you need to eat?

So many things to work out before you can assure us that you'll need your gall bladder later!  :D

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Akara on August 10, 2010, 07:04:48 PM
how are you doing to get them to preserve your body? pretty much all the chemicals they use would kill things if they weren't already dead, making your tissues unfit for life... additionally, if you went for the vacuum pack preservation method in your glass chamber, how would you breathe when resurrected? if you don't need to breath, why would you need to eat?

So many things to work out before you can assure us that you'll need your gall bladder later!  :D

Are you questioning Jesus' magical powers?