News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

Marvel, this is the last fucking straw.

Started by The Wizard, August 11, 2010, 03:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epimetheus

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on August 11, 2010, 04:25:16 AM
QuoteWell it was either him, Cyclops or Wolverine.
Cyclops then. Gladly.

Agreed.

Quote from: Doktor PrincessAnd don't hate the penciler, they only do what Stan pays them for.

I wasn't talking about the penciler, but the writer - or were you making a joke?
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

President Television

Or they could have had some guts and killed Wolverine off. For good this time. I don't think his healing factor would cover getting hurled into the sun.
Anything but Nightcrawler.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Suu

]I worked under pencilers for a while, they have to go through some shit between the writer and the producer, so never blame anything on them.

And even with the writers, a lot of times, especially with an arc, it's a collaboration between several and they have to come to a consensus. It's actually hard work. I mean, if the producer goes, "KILL SOMEONE IMPORTANT", the writers go, "Well, shit...pick a card." And then they argue for 3 months until they can pop out a draft and start laying into the penciler.

...On that note, I'm waaaay behind on MSY thanks to traveling and sewing. Yay.

Quote from: Doktor Plague on August 11, 2010, 04:32:26 AM
Or they could have had some guts and killed Wolverine off. For good this time. I don't think his healing factor would cover getting hurled into the sun.
Anything but Nightcrawler.

You should have seen me a few years back when they killed Psylocke. I wanted to write hate mail.

Wolverine's time is coming, much like Superman and Batman.  :kingmeh:
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Epimetheus

Quote from: Doktor Princess on August 11, 2010, 04:34:56 AM
Wolverine's time is coming, much like Superman and Batman.  :kingmeh:

I like Wolverine a lot more than either of those two.

The Wizard

I really like Batman. And they already killed him. Except they retconned it so he went back in time.

...Every post in this thread seems to be making me angrier.
Insanity we trust.

BadBeast

Didn't they already kill Batman in "Red Reign"?
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Epimetheus

Obligatory mention of Jean Grey / Phoenix.

since we're talkin' bout superhero resurrections.

Suu

Superman was killed too.

So was Captain America...and a dozen others. I'm pretty sure that Wolverine also killed Rogue at one point in time.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Wizard

That's what really bothers me. Death is meaningless in comic books. And without death, all the suspense is gone. I've been reading miniseries becuase in those at least people usually stay dead, and if they come back you're able to be surprised. Kurt will come back in three years maximum. Which is what is really enraging.
Insanity we trust.

Thurnez Isa

I was killed six times.... and only twice did I come back as a machine.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

President Television

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on August 11, 2010, 04:52:45 AM
I was killed six times.... and only twice did I come back as a machine.

2/3 of you deserved it. The other 1/3 had no inherent morality.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Golden Applesauce

Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

BadBeast

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on August 11, 2010, 04:37:53 AM
I really like Batman. And they already killed him. Except they retconned it so he went back in time.

...Every post in this thread seems to be making me angrier.
Yeah, Batman's cool, he can mix it with the best of them, and he has no superpowers! And he's as mad as a bucket of frogs, but manages to stay out of Arkham! (mostly)
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

Jasper

Batman is an asshole.

I'm serious.  Look at the way he acts.  People's parents get killed ALL the TIME, and they don't go on a mad vigilante spree.  They cope.

On top of that, the amount of money he spends on "Bat gadgets" could stop more crime by just making poor neighborhoods wealthier, and improving schools. 

And pretty much the entire rogues gallery exists in some form because of shit he did.

Face it, batman is a jackass.  Fuck batman.

BadBeast

So what's he supposed to do? Just sit back and be a philanthropist? Not much Superhero plot fodder in signing cheques for good causes, is there? And the Wayne Foundation does lots of stuff like that anyway. And he even gave Judge Dredd as good as he got, in Judgement on Gotham.
And the rogues gallery? Batman isn't responsible for them being bad, just for them being caught, and taken to book! Batman is the Dark Knight, he sets the moral bar for the whole DC Universe, he's NOT just an asshole!