News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

Marvel, this is the last fucking straw.

Started by The Wizard, August 11, 2010, 03:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

President Television

Quote from: Doktor Princess on August 12, 2010, 02:53:05 AM
Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on August 11, 2010, 08:18:55 PM
QuoteIs Aunt May dead yet

No. Kingpin had her shot, but Peter than sold his marriage to MJ to the Devil in exchange for her life.

And then they were transported to an alternate reality in which MJ also had powers.  :kingmeh:

What, her own powerset or Spider-Man powers? If Spider-Man, did she develop them on her own or get them from Peter's radioactive semen? The same semen that killed her in Reign?
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

BabylonHoruv

Aside from Batman Vertigo is about the only DC I read.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

BadBeast

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

BadBeast

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on August 12, 2010, 03:23:26 AM
Aside from Batman Vertigo is about the only DC I read.
Well it's like the Comics you read years ago, but all grown up. Animal Man was a total work of Art, some of the issues it dealt with, should have come across as Hippy Dippy bullshit, but the Pathos and Comedy Morrison, and then Jamie Delano managed to put in, is enough to bring a grown man to tears. Of Laughter, or Sorrow. And don't even get me started on HellBlazer. Or Sandman. Swamp Thing, although stodgy in places, gave us "The Secret Life of Plants". "Love and Death" And the introduction of John Constantine as a bit part. Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman, Grant Morrison, Garth Ennis, writers without parallel. Real stories. Real Literature. The birth of the Graphic Novel. Love it. Can't get enough.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I will start reading comic books again when they have heroes like this:

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Wizard

QuoteWell it's like the Comics you read years ago, but all grown up. Animal Man was a total work of Art, some of the issues it dealt with, should have come across as Hippy Dippy bullshit, but the Pathos and Comedy Morrison, and then Jamie Delano managed to put in, is enough to bring a grown man to tears. Of Laughter, or Sorrow. And don't even get me started on HellBlazer. Or Sandman. Swamp Thing, although stodgy in places, gave us "The Secret Life of Plants". "Love and Death" And the introduction of John Constantine as a bit part. Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman, Grant Morrison, Garth Ennis, writers without parallel. Real stories. Real Literature. The birth of the Graphic Novel. Love it. Can't get enough.

Hmm. Well, all of THIS.
Insanity we trust.

Prince Glittersnatch III

This whole thing has Quesadas filthy stench all over it.
:argh!:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Cain

Marvel in "fucking over its fanbase, who nevertheless continue to buy their comics thus allowing Marvel free reign, knowing full well their customers are useless lumps who will only bitch and moan, not take their money elsewhere" shock story.

Kai

Quote from: Doktor Plague on August 12, 2010, 03:22:06 AM

No. Kingpin had her shot, but Peter than sold his marriage to MJ to the Devil in exchange for her life.

And then they were transported to an alternate reality in which MJ also had powers.  :kingmeh:

What, her own powerset or Spider-Man powers? If Spider-Man, did she develop them on her own or get them from Peter's radioactive semen? The same semen that killed her in Reign?

Okay, this totally makes me think that comic book writers have been watching too much goddamn Dragonball Z, or vice versa.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Kai on August 12, 2010, 12:26:48 PM
Quote from: Doktor Plague on August 12, 2010, 03:22:06 AM

Okay, this totally makes me think that comic book writers have been watching too much goddamn Dragonball Z, or vice versa.

It has more to do with Joe Cheesy Quesadilla than anything.
Joes mom died of cancer therefore he idolizes mother figures(Aunt May)
Joes wife divorced him therefore he hates women(MJ)

OMD is basically this really messed up fantasy of Joes where he could somehow get rid of his wife and bring back his mom in one fell swoop.

It also had some rather wall banging stupidity to it. When Aunt May gets shot Peter goes and asks for help from

Dr.Strange(The most powerful sorcerer in the world)
Loki(As in the NORSE GOD Loki)
Elixir(A character whos main power is healing and whom I once saw heal a nasty case of GETTING YOUR HEART FUCKING RIPPED OUT OF YOUR CHEST)
Mr. Fantastic(Who has built time machines from scrap on a minutes notice)
But none of these people can heal BULLET WOUNDS. 

It also retconed the part of Civil War where Peter unmasked himself on national TV. Which is particularly bad because Joe said when it happened that it wouldnt be undone by a "Magic Retcon" WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED.

ALL OF MY HATRED
:argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!: :argh!:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Cain

Triple Zero

No it's more like, how do you call that thing in Biology, when different species evolve the same traits independently because their environments are similar and it's an attractive dip in the fitness landscape.

In this case the environment factors are money, greed and a loyal fanbase, or something.

They don't need to watch eachother, everywhere they come up with the same shitty ideas all by themselves. Isn't nature grand? ;-)

Also, COME ON PEOPLE,

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 11, 2010, 11:12:47 AM
Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on August 11, 2010, 03:51:19 AMMy favorite character, period.

:rimshot:

My favourite character, Period: Raised in a family of communist spies, his mother Com Ma taught him to be a vigilante outlaw avenger, breaking into the cells of convicted criminals to put a Full Stop to their Sentences. Known for his catchphrase, "No time for last words now.". In some series he is accompanied by a hyperactive goofball sidekick, known as Exclamation Mark.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Kai

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 12, 2010, 05:56:07 PM

No it's more like, how do you call that thing in Biology, when different species evolve the same traits independently because their environments are similar and it's an attractive dip in the fitness landscape.

In this case the environment factors are money, greed and a loyal fanbase, or something.

They don't need to watch eachother, everywhere they come up with the same shitty ideas all by themselves. Isn't nature grand? ;-)

A sort of convergence?
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

BadBeast

Marvel, is to Vertigo, as The Da Vinci Code, is to Foucalts Pendulum.