News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

Sermon for Normals

Started by Thurnez Isa, August 11, 2010, 09:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurnez Isa

A Sermon for Normals

Who Are We?

Fear and desire are funny codependents.
You may feel both when dealing with us, if you do indeed know it's us you're dealing with.

You may ask yourself who are these people? Why do I feel repulsed, or attracted, or like I'm a maddening nightmare?

Well I could safely say these things to you.

Some of us have jobs and some are unemployed. Some of us care little for our work. Some of us care much.
Some of us are professionals, teachers, scientists, intellectuals, neighbours, friends. All of us of students in some ways.
You may never know if someone you've known for years is one of us. We only reveal what is needed to who it's needed to.

We are creative. We are both rational and irrational.
We can both support a cause and strive against it in the same breath.
We have few binding principles.
We accept chaos and see order for the illusion it is.
We love hate. It feels manic.
We love to prank and probe and take positions only a madman could take, just to understand if the position is indeed mad... or if it us that is mad.

We live outside society definitions, but know we could never escape them.

We love unscripted fun.
But most of all... we love laughing... at you.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Richter

:mittens:

That's likely as good of a general mission statement as I've ever read.  Sort of a "This is DISCORDIA" elevator speach.  Last line put a pretty vicious spin on the whole thing.  The tone otherwise keeps the air of flexible, cynical detatchment very well, without getting pretentious.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Dysfunctional Cunt

Cramulus

I resonate with it, except for the two lines which emphasize hate and derision.

I can get behind mania, but it typically hits me in the form of creative order and creative disorder, not destruction.

Adios

Golden Applesauce

Who are these normal people I keep hearing about?  Every time I think I've found one, it turns out just to be another Freak that keeps its weirdness somewhere I wouldn't think to look.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Cramulus on August 11, 2010, 03:03:24 PM
I resonate with it, except for the two lines which emphasize hate and derision.

I can get behind mania, but it typically hits me in the form of creative order and creative disorder, not destruction.

I think I went totally manic last night lol since I ranted and raved on several boards.
I don't think hate is personally destructive, just as love is not necessarily it's opposite opposite.
Plus mania to me usually implies some form of unrestrained creative output.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.

Dante

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on August 11, 2010, 03:48:51 PM
Every time I think I've found one, it turns out just to be another Freak that keeps its weirdness somewhere I wouldn't think to look.

Well ya, do you want them to be primates and true to their own personalities as well?

Dante

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on August 11, 2010, 05:50:11 PM
Quote from: Golden Applesauce on August 11, 2010, 03:48:51 PM
Every time I think I've found one, it turns out just to be another Freak that keeps its weirdness somewhere I wouldn't think to look.

Well ya, do you want them to be primates and true to their own personalities as well?

Could you rephrase that?  I'm not sure what you're saying.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.