News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

Psychedelics question

Started by Dalek, August 13, 2010, 09:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: DeusExMachina on September 02, 2010, 05:00:47 PM
True but i wasn't attempting to distance myself from normality or use it to show off,

"I communicate really well with crazy people."   :lulz:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on September 02, 2010, 04:56:40 PM
Quote from: DeusExMachina on September 02, 2010, 04:47:33 PM
Nothing apparently. I also don't have the gift of being able to diagnose insanity over a forum post like so many others on here seem so adept at.  Perhaps there is a class i can take. 

It's actually quite easy to determine insanity from posts on a forum.

A lot of what you've said has been completely bat shit insane bullshit.

whether you actually believe the bat shit insanity that you've moved from your brain to a keyboard to this forum?

well that's the litmus test now, isn't it?

Fixed.
Molon Lube

DeusExMachina

yeah yeah yeah, not possible, blah blah blah.

forget me for a moment and explain this

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/2855/
'Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.'
-George Carlin

'Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.'

- Albert Einstein

DeusExMachina

fine okay saying i can communicate really well with "crazy" people was a dickish thing to say
-George Carlin

- Albert Einstein

LMNO

From the article you just linked to:

QuoteAccording to Dr. Wadhwa, one explanation could be in perception. He says that for some insomniacs, the ability to clearly observe the difference between sleep and wakefulness may be lacking. "The subject may feel they are merely resting when in actuality they are sleeping. They may also be having "Micro naps"—very short naps lasting minutes," he said.

THIS IS CONSIDERED "SLEEPING", DUMMY.

Please see my previous post regarding "not sleeping for 20 days" and "feeling as if you haven't slept in 20 days".

Doktor Howl

Quote from: DeusExMachina on September 02, 2010, 05:07:23 PM
yeah yeah yeah, not possible, blah blah blah.

forget me for a moment and explain this

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/2855/

QuoteHow long can a person go without sleep? Last May, a man named Tony Wright was able to break the previous Guinness record of 264 hours (11 days) without sleep, set by 17-year-old Randy Gardner in 1964. Unfortunately for Wright, his 266 hour sacrifice (and any subsequent attempts to break the record) will not be acknowledged by Guinness for health reasons.  However, magician and endurance artist David Blaine has recently claimed that he soon aims to best Wright's would-be title.

See?  You're a bullshitter.

QuoteWhile Ngoc has received some media attention, scientists have yet to study his case in any detail.

Great example.  My uncle can levitate.  Scientists haven't studied his case in any detail yet, but I am requiring you to accept this.

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: DeusExMachina on September 02, 2010, 05:08:15 PM
fine okay saying i can communicate really well with "crazy" people was a dickish thing to say

Yes, and it demonstrates that you joined this conversation to show off how "zany" you are.  And you've managed to insult the fuck out of at least two people who are or have suffered from legitimate mental illness of one sort or another.

You're an utter shit, and I think you should throw yourself under a train.
Molon Lube

DeusExMachina

Whatever, i joined because i thought i could add something useful to the discussion about psychedelics i really couldn't give a fuck about appearing "zany" i don't act a special way for the benefit of other people, i don't need an act or anything to separate me that i made up or need to show off about.  I usually only relate extraordinary things which have happened to me because they are interesting and not the boring day to day things everyone hears all the time.  The problem is that people sometimes somehow think they know my motives for doing things better than i do and close their minds off and decide to judge me without getting to know me. I am so tired of this "discussion" the point where there was a chance of me being sectioned at Bootham mental hospital in York was when i sorted myself out okay?

Okay so lets say i had micro-sleep or i slept without dreaming and leave it at that.

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on September 02, 2010, 05:10:57 PM

QuoteAccording to Dr. Wadhwa, one explanation could be in perception. He says that for some insomniacs, the ability to clearly observe the difference between sleep and wakefulness may be lacking. "The subject may feel they are merely resting when in actuality they are sleeping. They may also be having "Micro naps"—very short naps lasting minutes," he said.

Please see my previous post regarding "not sleeping for 20 days" and "feeling as if you haven't slept in 20 days".
-George Carlin

- Albert Einstein

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on September 02, 2010, 05:10:57 PM

Please see my previous post regarding "not sleeping for 2your0 days" and "feeling as if you haven't slept in 20 days".

Lack of sleep can also distort your sense of time. Half of day could feel like days. Minutes like hours. Almost like Lucio Fulci movie.
One thing to do that doctors love is to keep a journal. Recording days and updating it on every few hours. Especially what your eating cause your body will require a ton of energy just to function.

But like I said if you haven't slept in 7 days, even just 5 time GO TO THE HOSPITAL. IMMEDIATELY.
They will be like, "Oh 5 days, hrmmm thats nice sir. Why don't you get changed and we're going to introduce your to our little friend Risperidone."
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Doktor Howl

Quote from: DeusExMachina on September 02, 2010, 05:27:51 PM
Whatever, i joined because i thought i could add something useful to the discussion about psychedelics i really couldn't give a fuck about appearing "zany" i don't act a special way for the benefit of other people, i don't need an act or anything to separate me that i made up or need to show off about.  

Uh huh.
Molon Lube

DeusExMachina

Yeah in a way i wish i had made a journal but i think that would have taken away from what little rest i was having.  But yeah i had to drink huge amounts of sugar with coffee added (better than saying coffee with lots of sugar) amongst other things to keep my blood sugar up, i am surprised i didn't make myself diabetic
-George Carlin

- Albert Einstein

DeusExMachina

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 02, 2010, 05:31:19 PM
Whatever, i joined because i thought i could add something useful to the discussion about psychedelics i really couldn't give a fuck about appearing "zany" i don't act a special way for the benefit of other people, i don't need an act or anything to separate me that i made up or need to show off about.  

Uh huh.

Lets just say that people like that i try keep my distance from and i don't hate them as such but i just feel sorry for them a bit i guess.
-George Carlin

- Albert Einstein

Doktor Howl

The problem is that people sometimes somehow think they know my motives for doing things better than i do and close their minds off and decide to judge me without getting to know me.

Well, that's because you're not communicating very well.  And that's fairly strange, because I had a viral-induced epidose that left me basically mentally incapacitated for several weeks, and I've never really been the same since.  It damaged multiple friendships, harmed my family life irreparably, made me want to kill myself (during the episode), and has left some minor brain damage.

I'm not going to speak for anyone else, but there are several other people here who have had it worse than I have, so you'll understand when I say "FUCK YOU" for your "communication" comment, and "DIE IN A FIRE" for your bullshit story about how cool being crazy was.

Short version:  Nobody believes your shit.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: DeusExMachina on September 02, 2010, 05:34:49 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 02, 2010, 05:31:19 PM

Uh huh.

Lets just say that people like that i try keep my distance from and i don't hate them as such but i just feel sorry for them a bit i guess.

That's who you are.  And I DO hate you for it.
Molon Lube

DeusExMachina

I am truly sorry for anyone who has had to deal with mental problems and i meant no disrespect.
I really didn't want to make what happened to me sound cool or that i thought it was cool.  It bothered me and i still have relapses and i wanted to communicate that taking psychedelics is a bad idea.  Okay i communicated that badly and all i can do is apologize i am bad at communicating and i am trying to improve.  I have mental health problems in my family and i like to think i am in control so i don't like to dwell on the times i have flipped and lost my sanity i deal with it by thinking of what has happened to me as experience and i have thought that i could help other people with this, maybe that was foolish of me to say unless i intended to do something about it.  So i think now that i will

and i would just like to leave it at that please
-George Carlin

- Albert Einstein