News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

RISUS! Please create a pention form.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 23, 2010, 07:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Risus on August 24, 2010, 12:18:47 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 24, 2010, 12:18:13 AM
Quote from: Risus on August 24, 2010, 12:16:59 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 24, 2010, 12:16:04 AM
Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on August 24, 2010, 12:14:45 AM
I got the impression that Trip and Risus actually like CB, but are irritated by his occasional angry one-liners.

Peleus on the other hand, a;lkdsfl oie owfoijf owffjowfeahi oeh o.

I don't think Peleus is right. Thread derailing is a PD.com tradition, and so are contentless, disparaging one-liners.

I got the impression that Trip spoke without considering the impact it would have, and I thought the same about Risus, but he has convinced me that he knew precisely what he was doing.

You're right. I'm a bad man.

But in all seriousness, Net is correct.

So sorry, it's so fucking hard for us old guys to figure shit out.  We have a club, you know.

Asshole.

Woo. Let's keep overreacting and wondering why apple talk is full of fluff.

Woo.  Let's keep telling Dok that he can only be disagreeing with you out of some form of cabal issue, rather than principle.  Let's keep telling Dok WHAT THE FUCK HE THINKS.
Molon Lube

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 24, 2010, 12:20:57 AM
I got the impression that Trip and Risus actually like CB, but are irritated by his occasional angry one-liners.

I don't think Peleus is right. Thread derailing is a PD.com tradition, and so are contentless, disparaging one-liners.

I got the impression that Trip spoke without considering the impact it would have, and I thought the same about Risus, but he has convinced me that he knew precisely what he was doing.

So sorry, it's so fucking hard for us old guys to figure shit out.  We have a club, you know.

Asshole.

Woo.  Let's keep telling Dok that he can only be disagreeing with you out of some form of cabal issue, rather than principle.  Let's keep telling Dok WHAT THE FUCK HE THINKS.

You're doing this backwards. I did not saying you were getting offended because you were friends and not out of principle. I said that the group (of whom I could have sworn you had referred to as the old man cabal) were all getting too offended over Peleus.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Risus on August 24, 2010, 12:23:30 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 24, 2010, 12:20:57 AM

Asshole.

You're doing this backwards. I did not saying you were getting offended because you were friends and not out of principle. I said that the group (of whom I could have sworn you had referred to as the old man cabal) were all getting too offended over Peleus.

Look.  Just forget it.  If I haven't made myself clear by now, then apparently I won't.  Please just do me a fucking favor and stop telling me what my Goddamn motivations are.

Then find someone else to talk to.
Molon Lube

Chairman Risus

Well, if you don't feel like resolving what I'm sure is still just a misunderstanding, so be it.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Risus on August 24, 2010, 12:27:53 AM
Well, if you don't feel like resolving what I'm sure is still just a misunderstanding, so be it.

Okay, look.  I'm going to try to explain this one more time.

I jumped all over Peleus' shit, not because Charley is my friend (he is), and not because we're both ancient and decrepit.  I would have jumped all over Peleus if it were you, or Iptuous, or anyone else that occasionally contributes to the board.

Charley has been writing a story that everyone seems to like.  He's put a great deal of effort into it...Which apparently makes no difference, because he used some one-liners in two threads, which seems to mean that nothing else he wrote is worth a fuck to Peleus.  Then you and Trip came along to chime in agreement.  That's how I saw it, and that's how he saw it.

As a result, he's not posting his story here anymore, nor will he post any other content anymore, and I can't fucking blame him.  Apparently, all the content in the world isn't worth a shit.

The message here is "You are only as good as your last post", which is what I am disagreeing with.  It is the message of the corporate slave, the Pinkboy, the petty managerial bullshit that makes working life a living hell.

And you guys bought right into it.  Congratulations.

You will notice that Babylon Horuv did the exact same thing (ignoring the pledge, and posting one liners at Ruby, etc), and Peleus didn't call him out on it.  Why?  Because Peleus can't write for shit, and he actively attacks those that do.

But, hey, why worry?  Charley's just some old guy, who couldn't follow the pack.  Time to turn on him and rend him limb from limb, because not every post he made was as good as those found in his story thread.
Molon Lube

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 24, 2010, 12:50:41 AM
Quote from: Risus on August 24, 2010, 12:27:53 AM

Okay, look.  I'm going to try to explain this one more time.

I jumped all over Peleus' shit, not because Charley is my friend (he is), and not because we're both ancient and decrepit.  I would have jumped all over Peleus if it were you, or Iptuous, or anyone else that occasionally contributes to the board.

Charley has been writing a story that everyone seems to like.  He's put a great deal of effort into it...Which apparently makes no difference, because he used some one-liners in two threads, which seems to mean that nothing else he wrote is worth a fuck to Peleus.  Then you and Trip came along to chime in agreement.  That's how I saw it, and that's how he saw it.

As a result, he's not posting his story here anymore, nor will he post any other content anymore, and I can't fucking blame him.  Apparently, all the content in the world isn't worth a shit.

The message here is "You are only as good as your last post", which is what I am disagreeing with.  It is the message of the corporate slave, the Pinkboy, the petty managerial bullshit that makes working life a living hell.

And you guys bought right into it.  Congratulations.

You will notice that Babylon Horuv did the exact same thing (ignoring the pledge, and posting one liners at Ruby, etc), and Peleus didn't call him out on it.  Why?  Because Peleus can't write for shit, and he actively attacks those that do.

But, hey, why worry?  Charley's just some old guy, who couldn't follow the pack.  Time to turn on him and rend him limb from limb, because not every post he made was as good as those found in his story thread.

This all could have been avoided if people stopped painting with such a broad brush.

No one is arguing that CB doesn't post content, and no one is discouraging him from doing so, and it's too bad if he chooses to discontinue because of something that got blown out of proportion.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Risus on August 24, 2010, 12:58:39 AM
This all could have been avoided if people stopped painting with such a broad brush.

No one is arguing that CB doesn't post content, and no one is discouraging him from doing so, and it's too bad if he chooses to discontinue because of something that got blown out of proportion.

1.  This all could have been avoided if people stopped fucking being self-righteous fucktards about something that amounts to basically nothing at all.

2.  I would, if I were him.  He, and only he, got called out while multiple people were doing the same thing.  And then he got thrown under the fucking bus in favor of Peleus, who never contributes ANYTHING.  I can't blame him a bit.  If I came up second fiddle to Peleus, you'd never see a paragraph out of me again.  Why fucking bother?  One off day, and you're as useless as week-old fish, from the looks of it.
Molon Lube

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 24, 2010, 01:02:17 AM
1.  This all could have been avoided if people stopped fucking being self-righteous fucktards about something that amounts to basically nothing at all.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Risus on August 24, 2010, 01:03:45 AM

Yeah, I thought you'd hide behind that by deliberately misunderstanding it.

We're done here.  I tried.
Molon Lube

Thurnez Isa

Listen, unlike Dok, I don't think you meant anything insulting by this all, but
it's probably not "nothing at all" for Charley.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on August 24, 2010, 01:08:35 AM

Oh, but that hardly matters.  He was behind on his game, so we had to cut him loose.  Bottom line and all, don't you know?  We can't go allowing people to slip, not even for an instant.  So it's off to a convenient iceberg for Charley. 

Dok,
Knows We Had to Let Harry Go.
Molon Lube

Chairman Risus

No one said for CB to leave, no one really even defended Peleus (Trip and I only saying that it wasn't as one sided as people were acting)
None of this "only as good as your last post" bullshit.
None of this "throwing under a bus"

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 24, 2010, 01:11:15 AM
Quote from: Thurnez Isa on August 24, 2010, 01:08:35 AM

Oh, but that hardly matters.  He was behind on his game, so we had to cut him loose.  Bottom line and all, don't you know?  We can't go allowing people to slip, not even for an instant.  So it's off to a convenient iceberg for Charley. 

Dok,
Knows We Had to Let Harry Go.

And none of this bullshit. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Thurnez is right. it was not meant to be insulting. I've only disagreed on the
Quoteit's probably not "nothing at all" for Charley
It should have been nothing at all.

Fuck this is a messy post.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Risus on August 24, 2010, 01:16:03 AM

No one said for CB to leave,

No, he was just made to feel like cold dogshit.  Which is totally different.

Why?  We "Grumpy Old Man Cabal" members do that, when we aren't sticking up for each other out of sheer partisanship, remember (Close Captioning:  It was okay when you did it?)

Because we're all sociopaths.  Nobody feels anything, because they're not real.  Right?

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Done with this conversation.

Dok,
Is utterly disgusted.
Molon Lube

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 24, 2010, 01:21:35 AM

No one said for CB to leave,

No, he was just made to feel like cold dogshit.  Which is totally different.

Why?  We "Grumpy Old Man Cabal" members do that, when we aren't sticking up for each other out of sheer partisanship, remember (Close Captioning:  It was okay when you did it?)

Because we're all sociopaths.  Nobody feels anything, because they're not real.  Right?

I took back the "old man" shit.
I never said you were sticking up for each other out of sheer partisanship, nor did i ever engage in it.

We'll just have to disagree on whether or not this whole thing has been an overreaction.