News:

TESTAMONIAL:  "I was still a bit rattled by the spectacular devastation."

Main Menu

Fucking brakes, how do they work.

Started by Requia ☣, August 23, 2010, 08:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requia ☣

Just yesterday I was contemplating how out of shape I'd gotten since I got a car.

Well apparently the guy behind me at the red light forgot how to use his breaks, and I am now a pedestrian, so here's to getting back in shape.

I'll post pics if I ever figure out how to get them out of my phone, as well as first hand accounts of how fucked up the insurance companies I have to deal with turn out to be.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Cuddlefish

This reminds me about something similar that happened to me once. I was stopped at a red light, and I looked in my rear view mirror to see some high-school kid in a wannabe muscle car moving pretty fast, too fast to stop in time. I had no where to move to, as I was already realy close to the car in front of me. So, I layed on the horn pretty hard, and saw him look up just in time for him to smash into the rear end of my car. I did not have insurance at the time. I pulled over and motioned him to do the same. His car was FUCKED, but mine barely had a scratch. Ok, so no damage to my vehicle, but there still was the matter of no insurance. Long story short, I explained to this young chap that I did not have insurance, and I'd be fucked if I was going to take a hit because he coudn't be bothered to PAY ATTENTION to the road in front of him. So I told him how it was gonna be, I was going to drive away, and he was going to tell his parents that he hit a parked car, and he is not responsible enough to be driving. The end.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Requia ☣

My driver's car is registered to his mother, so he'll probably get to have the same conversation once he gets out of the hospital.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Requia ☣

Chairman Risus

Requia ☣

No, just my complete inability to notice homophone errors.

Cuddlefish

Quote from: Requia ☣ on August 23, 2010, 08:59:38 PM

That's probably because you're homophobic.
A fisher of men, or a manner of fish?

Don Coyote

Quote from: Cuddlefish on August 23, 2010, 09:02:39 PM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on August 23, 2010, 08:59:38 PM

That's probably because you're homophobic.

As opposed to homophonic.

Requia ☣

The progressive agent forgot to call me back, I called, and she's at lunch.

At least I have an agent and won't have to deal with 15 different people in a call center though.

Kai

Quote from: Requia ☣ on August 23, 2010, 08:37:20 PM
Just yesterday I was contemplating how out of shape I'd gotten since I got a car.

Well apparently the guy behind me at the red light forgot how to use his breaks, and I am now a pedestrian, so here's to getting back in shape.

I'll post pics if I ever figure out how to get them out of my phone, as well as first hand accounts of how fucked up the insurance companies I have to deal with turn out to be.

:fap:

Oh wait, you meant your car.

:fap:

Now I feel dirty.  :cry:
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Requia ☣

Progressive is calling the other guy's insurance company for me!  I like this,

Also it turns out I know the guy who hit me, he's a clerk at the Gamestop.

Requia ☣

My mom took the police report and is now facebook stalking the guy who hit me, and his girlfriend.  :lulz:

Sir Squid Diddimus

progressive is a good company. they'll probably send out one of their guys to do an estimate, send you a check minus deductible and then go after the other guy's insurance company to pay up. when they do, and they always do, they then send you your deductible.

Squid- been hit a lot. had progressive. got taken care of.