Dok Howl

Started by Adios, August 28, 2010, 10:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Uh...I drink Kentucky Gentleman.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Charley Brown on August 29, 2010, 05:22:30 AM
Uh...I drink Kentucky Gentleman.

We drink "Horrible paint thinner mixed with stolen medicinal alcohol, out of old food tins."
Molon Lube

Adios

I have an itch, right between my shoulder blades Dok. Look for incoming snail mail next week.

I feel the need to look over my shoulder.

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 29, 2010, 05:20:18 AM
Quote from: Charley Brown on August 29, 2010, 05:19:10 AM
I have got to meetrack.

They have no top shelf anything.  Shitty beer and cheap booze.  I've tasted better whiskey out of a radiator.

But that's how we roll.   :lulz:

:lol:

Adios

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on August 29, 2010, 05:37:37 AM
I have got to meetrack.

They have no top shelf anything.  Shitty beer and cheap booze.  I've tasted better whiskey out of a radiator.

How did I miss the radiator part. Some of the best bootleggers I know used radiators.

Doktor Howl

I have got to meetrack.

Shit yeah.  We pour whiskey over the lingering remains of benzos, and bullshit with perverts, because that's how we get things done, you and I.  That's how things are managed downtown, where you can feel the ooze of The City welling up between your toes, and people speak only The Truth.  No matter how hideous it is.  And there's no time for shitty music, just rock n roll and Motown and a fairly cool night and the odor of cigars and cigarettes and sweaty illicit sex.  Because it's the 21st Century, and nobody realizes it.

We drink with The Doomed, because they understand us.  And because Leah has an absolutely beautiful singing voice, and Larry makes his drinks explode.  Because we know the score, and so do they.
Molon Lube

Freeky

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 29, 2010, 05:42:16 AM
I have got to meetrack.

Shit yeah.  We pour whiskey over the lingering remains of benzos, and bullshit with perverts, because that's how we get things done, you and I.  That's how things are managed downtown, where you can feel the ooze of The City welling up between your toes, and people speak only The Truth.  No matter how hideous it is.  And there's no time for shitty music, just rock n roll and Motown and a fairly cool night and the odor of cigars and cigarettes and sweaty illicit sex.  Because it's the 21st Century, and nobody realizes it.

We drink with The Doomed, because they understand us.  And because Leah has an absolutely beautiful singing voice, and Larry makes his drinks explode.  Because we know the score, and so do they.

Knowing the score can change a lot in our lot. Laughing at it changes it all the more. A goodn alcoholic drink, a good song, and knowing the world is out to get you and everything you ever wanted to be/have/hold is the best medicine of all, I think.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on August 29, 2010, 05:45:12 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 29, 2010, 05:42:16 AM
I have got to meetrack.

Knowing the score can change a lot in our lot. Laughing at it changes it all the more. A goodn alcoholic drink, a good song, and knowing the world is out to get you and everything you ever wanted to be/have/hold is the best medicine of all, I think.

Oh, yes.  That's why the Meetrack is where it is.  The forces of decency and light don't dare walk those streets, as that poor republican bastard found out in the side lot, at the educating fists of two bikers in their 60s.  That is our place.  Let the Calvinists and the Baptists and the Citizens' Decency League have the North side, they're happy there.  Our place is in Central Filth, with the bikers and weirder students and perverts that understand us and our need for SCIENCE.
Molon Lube

Freeky

Central filth is to us as a stage to a ballerina; there could be no more suitable setting for people like us. The sticky feel of the area as a whole, like the seedy bars that lurk there. The dilapidation and Horror inducing sights that can be seen if one knows where and when to look. The visions of people who's faces you can read and they say, "I know the TRUTH, I have SEEN IT." These are what keeps me coming back again and again, tearing down everything I ever believed or wanted to believe and putting a thirst for Truth in its place.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on August 29, 2010, 05:53:53 AM
Central filth is to us as a stage to a ballerina; there could be no more suitable setting for people like us. The sticky feel of the area as a whole, like the seedy bars that lurk there. The dilapidation and Horror inducing sights that can be seen if one knows where and when to look. The visions of people who's faces you can read and they say, "I know the TRUTH, I have SEEN IT." These are what keeps me coming back again and again, tearing down everything I ever believed or wanted to believe and putting a thirst for Truth in its place.

False fronts and bullshit stories don't last long there.  It is an honest place, because the sheer mind-crushing horror of the place makes all the posturing and bullshit seem futile.  There is nothing there but The Truth, and eventually, everyone accepts it. 

And that's why boring bullshitters like "Robert" get their arses kicked in the parking lot by senior citizens...It's just too annoying to listen to comforting lies when the whiskey is shit and the floor is covered in bloodstains and broken glass and there isn't actually a last call.  There's never a last call in Central Filth, you can drink for 48 hours if you felt is was necessary.  Of course we don't, just a shot to aggravate the lorazapam still lingering in the brain, and then everything goes twisted into that high desert version of The Twilight Zone, where everyone gets what they deserve, and the blood just runs down the gutter and into the drain.

And those drains!  Ho ho!
Molon Lube

Freeky

Those drains. They're so very effective, aren't they, at whisking away the blood of the terminally stupid. Efficiency at it's finest. But not everyone can accept the Truth. The legal and university districts are just a few short blocks away, so if things start getting unfomfortably focused and clear, that haunting crystal ring of Truth, why, they can just run down to that trendy new club, or go hang out with the other hipsters at that hippy shop, these being the intelligent ones, the ones with enough self-preservation that they know when they're in over their head, so they RUN DO NOT WALK away from our territory.

Also, I wouldn't ever DARE call those guys "senior citizens," it sounds llike an insult! "Old badasses" might do, though. :lulz: