News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Allow me to introduce myself...

Started by Cramulus, August 30, 2010, 03:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minuspace

Death

Don't be worrying about snakes in your garden when you've got spiders in the bed.

BadBeast

"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Death

Don't be worrying about snakes in your garden when you've got spiders in the bed.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Death

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 15, 2010, 03:26:30 PM
Quote from: Death on November 15, 2010, 06:37:40 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 14, 2010, 07:43:18 PM
Quote from: Death on November 14, 2010, 06:17:55 AM
Hay, I'm Death.

YOU TOOK YOUR TIME, YOU BASTARD!
WELL THANKS TO YOUR FUCKING DOCTORS MY JOB ISN'T ANY EASIER.

:lulz:

Death:  There's a pill for that.
I'm like those the cursed pirates in Pirates of the Caribbean, no food or drank.  Or pillz or meth.

Gray Jester

Name:  Gray Jester
Studies computer science.  I'm a student at a university.
In my free time I plot more ways to disrupt my daily habits, and engage in all sorts of shenanigans.  I'm interested in almost anything interesting: philosophy, science, music, literature, economics, religion, among other things.
I found Eris in the bottom of my teapot one day, chilling in my tea leaves.  I thought it was a good idea to let her out, so I did.

I also look something like this (my hair is slightly longer now):

I am a surrealist.  It makes me feel more knightly.

BadBeast

Quote from: Gray Jester on November 15, 2010, 05:56:44 PM
Name:  Gray Jester
Studies computer science.  I'm a student at a university.
In my free time I plot more ways to disrupt my daily habits, and engage in all sorts of shenanigans.  I'm interested in almost anything interesting: philosophy, science, music, literature, economics, religion, among other things.
I found Eris in the bottom of my teapot one day, chilling in my tea leaves.  I thought it was a good idea to let her out, so I did.

I also look something like this (my hair is slightly longer now):

That must mean you're British. Because  9 out of 10 Americans wouldn't know a Teapot from a hole in the ground.  (no offence, everybody else who isn't British   :| ) And chilling in the Tea Leaves is a British Tradition.  And if you found Eris in the bottom of the Teapot, I'm thinking maybe a Gong connection, (Also peculiar to the British)  Was she visiting the Pot head Pixies? Because you sound like a bit of a  Hippy to me, with your long hair, pierced ear, and outlandish, almost anarchist interests. 
So welcome to PD, Gray Jester.

(Shenanigins?  :lulz: )
(Now, depending on how wrong I am, you get to say "What the fuck is that crumpet sucking old twat on about?)
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Gray Jester

Quote from: BadBeast on November 15, 2010, 06:44:08 PM
That must mean you're British. Because  9 out of 10 Americans wouldn't know a Teapot from a hole in the ground.  (no offence, everybody else who isn't British   :| ) And chilling in the Tea Leaves is a British Tradition.  And if you found Eris in the bottom of the Teapot, I'm thinking maybe a Gong connection, (Also peculiar to the British)  Was she visiting the Pot head Pixies? Because you sound like a bit of a  Hippy to me, with your long hair, pierced ear, and outlandish, almost anarchist interests. 
So welcome to PD, Gray Jester.

I reside in America, and lived in Britain for part of my childhood.  I don't identify with nation states, as being associated with a group of people just because I happen to live near them is incredibly backward.

I prefer the beats to the hippies, as my young impression of the hippies* is that although they had a lot of fun, they took their message of change too seriously without doing enough about it.  I also detest the idea of going "back to nature":  yes, the great outdoors are nice, but an overidealization of "primitive man" is dumb.  Also, the "unnatural/natural" dichotomy is not only false, but a symptom of a fear of change.  Living sustainably, though, in the sense of not consuming as much, is just a good idea.  (Also, my hair is not -all- that long; that picture is only a few months old.)

*From what I've read/seen/heard from those who actually saw real live hippies.  I'm not old enough to remember them for real, and today's youth (my peers) use a 'hippie' identity as an excuse to light up (as if you need an excuse, amirite? y/y), which likely colors my perceptions of real hippies (tm).

(Shenanigins?  :lulz: )

Including my spelling of it!
I am a surrealist.  It makes me feel more knightly.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Gray Jester on November 15, 2010, 07:35:39 PM
I don't identify with nation states, as being associated with a group of people just because I happen to live near them is incredibly backward.

It's also how the world works.

I mean, sure, don't identify with them, but recognize the reality of the situation.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 15, 2010, 07:40:14 PM
I don't identify with nation states, as being associated with a group of people just because I happen to live near them is incredibly backward.

I mean, sure, don't identify with them, but recognize the reality of the situation.

It does sound like a nice idea in theory, but yeah, every place is going to leave some sort of stamp on you, and whether or not GJ identifies as British/American he will have qualities that single him out and identify him as a Brit/Merkin to an outside observer.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 15, 2010, 07:46:23 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 15, 2010, 07:40:14 PM

It does sound like a nice idea in theory, but yeah, every place is going to leave some sort of stamp on you, and whether or not GJ identifies as British/American he will have qualities that single him out and identify him as a Brit/Merkin to an outside observer.

Not only that, but the nation you live in has a habit of including you in its problems.

LMNO