News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

Allow me to introduce myself...

Started by Cramulus, August 30, 2010, 03:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 19, 2011, 07:10:19 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on January 19, 2011, 07:07:50 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2011, 07:04:56 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 19, 2011, 07:01:55 PM
Too bad that there has to be Five steps.

Yep.  I am told that this reduces our "audience" (I wasn't aware we were a vaudville act), that it will ensure that PD will become a 15 member board, and I expect now to be told that we aren't very Discordian if we can't be nice to a guy that thinks that women should be punched in the face if they get uppity about their "special rights".

If he starts that shit here I think Nigel will eat him. With help.

Oh, I plan on being a cunt.  I just know what's going to happen immediately afterward.

I won't play nice this time when it does.

Me neither.  I'm gonna do what I'm gonna do, and if I get shat on for it, I plan to shit back...And I've been into the Indian food again.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Whatever

:evil:

I so need to let off a bit of this rage.....

LMNO

Yep.  I am told that this reduces our "audience" (I wasn't aware we were a vaudville act), that it will ensure that PD will become a 15 member board, and I expect now to be told that we aren't very Discordian if we can't be nice to a guy that thinks that women should be punched in the face if they get uppity about their "special rights".

To be fair, I think the primary concern is the feeling by some (not entirely my own opinion, mind you) that the pile on happens too fast, that "evidence" needs to be presented that the noob in question is a fuckbag.  

While the SCIENCE side of me agrees, I've been learning lately (from short-term guru E.Y.) that sometimes rational thought can be much faster and more accurate than the ideals of the scientific method allow.  The problem being, of course, that rational thought assumes perfection, while science allows for people to get things consistently wrong, until they don't anymore.

Adios

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 19, 2011, 07:14:52 PM

To be fair, I think the primary concern is the feeling by some (not entirely my own opinion, mind you) that the pile on happens too fast, that "evidence" needs to be presented that the noob in question is a fuckbag.  

While the SCIENCE side of me agrees, I've been learning lately (from short-term guru E.Y.) that sometimes rational thought can be much faster and more accurate than the ideals of the scientific method allow.  The problem being, of course, that rational thought assumes perfection, while science allows for people to get things consistently wrong, until they don't anymore.

1) noob says something
2) noob gets jumped
3) noob gets even more stupid
4) PD'er advises noob
5) noob gets even more stupid and gets shit on.

EVIDENCE.

Jasper

The problem with SCIENCE is that it requires lots of observational data, and the less batshit crazy misogyny I have to observe, the better.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 19, 2011, 07:14:52 PM

I use the force.  I have been wrong precisely twice.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

StochasticProvost

Sometimes the noob just accepts the shit and moves on with life.

BadBeast

Quote from: MisterDiskord on January 19, 2011, 08:11:38 PM
Other times, . . . .  . . .
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

StochasticProvost

Quote from: BadBeast on January 19, 2011, 08:35:46 PM
Quote from: MisterDiskord on January 19, 2011, 08:11:38 PM
Other times, . . . .  . . .

You have chunks of noob in your hair for WEEKS

Pope Pixie Pickle

Lies

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2011, 06:54:33 PM
Oh, great.  Illfigja is here from transhuman.

Some of you may remember him from his "Women don't want equal rights, they want special rights" ranting, and Nigel may remember him as the guy who demanded that women shouldn't have equal rights unless he gets to beat them up.

Thanks, Lies.  :madbanana:

ETA:  He was also booted off a Guns n Roses fan board for being a dork, which I wasn't sure was even possible.
He wanted to know where all the non-nutty people who are into conspiracies are.
Heh, hey, he wanted me to "test" him, so I did, and he passed the test. I admit, I didn't think he'd be able to do it.
But I'm a man of my word, so I told him.
Who knows, he might *learn* something if he pays attention.

Also, you're welcome.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Some of you may remember him from his "Women don't want equal rights, they want special rights" ranting, and Nigel may remember him as the guy who demanded that women shouldn't have equal rights unless he gets to beat them up.

ETA:  He was also booted off a Guns n Roses fan board for being a dork, which I wasn't sure was even possible.

Maybe he can fill Dead Kennedy's shoes.

I kind of doubt it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2011, 07:00:11 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 19, 2011, 06:57:40 PM
TGRR, simply trust in the PD.com self-selecting antibody process.

Yep.

Step one:  Noob shows up, acts like an asshole.

Step two:  Everyone gets annoyed.

Step three:  Roger, Phox, Charley, et al, jump on noob's shit and do the fandango on his nutsack.

Step four:  Noob eventually leaves or snaps the fuck out of it.

Step five:  Problem is over, so it's time to tell Roger and Charley what utter assholes they are.

I can name this tune in two notes.

I'm gonna bump this when we get to step 5.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 19, 2011, 07:07:50 PM

If he starts that shit here I think Nigel will eat him. With help.

Durn tootin'. I don't think he stands much of a chance. His writing is the exact combination of inarticulate, immature, and overextended that reveals a mind too slow to argue effectively on the fly, as well as one trying too hard to sound sophisticated.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Lies on January 20, 2011, 12:24:20 AM

He wanted to know where all the non-nutty people who are into conspiracies are.
Heh, hey, he wanted me to "test" him, so I did, and he passed the test. I admit, I didn't think he'd be able to do it.
But I'm a man of my word, so I told him.
Who knows, he might *learn* something if he pays attention.

Also, you're welcome.

He's a fantastic assbat, and now he's here.  To tell us all that women aren't, you know, actual people.

Because we needed another DK.