News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

I'm tripping on cough syrup, ask me anything.

Started by BabylonHoruv, August 31, 2010, 10:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabylonHoruv

Getting in a fight is not usually my way to deal with things, but I have availed myself of that on occasion.  No less healthy than many other methods, you just have to be careful who you pick a fight with.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 02, 2010, 09:02:11 PM
that's actually a good analogy since sometimes getting your ass kicked is also a good way to get over your issues.

In my experience, neither getting my ass kicked or getting wasted has helped me get over my issues.

I do agree that "maudlin music," as you put it, is quite helpful.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

East Coast Hustle

Hey, everyone has different methods. I'm just saying that if it works for someone, it's not really anybody else's place to pass judgment.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Iron Sulfide

My concern was more for the fact that you're married to someone and find you need emotional stimulation elsewhere. And if it's an "open" relationship, my assumption would be that this has been the situation for some time, now. Now if "open" meant you were swingers, that would slant my perception of things a bit differently. Regardless of my assumptions, therapy is usually not a bad thing.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Iron Sulfide on September 03, 2010, 01:41:37 AM
My concern was more for the fact that you're married to someone and find you need emotional stimulation elsewhere. And if it's an "open" relationship, my assumption would be that this has been the situation for some time, now. Now if "open" meant you were swingers, that would slant my perception of things a bit differently. Regardless of my assumptions, therapy is usually not a bad thing.

Ewwww swingers are gross! Sorry, that's just me being judgmental. :)

I think that before you pass judgment on people getting "emotional stimulation" outside of their marriages, you should A: consider the fact that it'snot very healthy for anyone to rely on ONLY ONE person for all their emotional needs (see: "friends and family") and B: learn a little more about what polyamory means and why people choose it. Monogamy is not the One True and Only Way as Ordained By The Universe.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 03, 2010, 12:28:41 AM
Hey, everyone has different methods. I'm just saying that if it works for someone, it's not really anybody else's place to pass judgment.

This.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on September 02, 2010, 11:46:15 PM
that's actually a good analogy since sometimes getting your ass kicked is also a good way to get over your issues.

In my experience, neither getting my ass kicked or getting wasted has helped me get over my issues.

I am dumped.

I am SICK.

Sick has kicked my ass.

There are no more issues.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Nigel on September 03, 2010, 01:56:49 AM

yeah, and it's not that swinging is gross, it's just that everyone who does it is inevitably gross.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 03, 2010, 02:47:39 AM
Quote from: Nigel on September 03, 2010, 01:56:49 AM

yeah, and it's not that swinging is gross, it's just that everyone who does it is inevitably gross.

Totally! Not only physically gross, but they also have The Vibe™. :vom:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Kai on September 03, 2010, 02:07:26 AM
Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on September 02, 2010, 11:46:15 PM

I am dumped.

I am SICK.

Sick has kicked my ass.

There are no more issues.

Yeah, but you're Kai. 

Dok,
Has always considered you a giant.
Molon Lube

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 03, 2010, 12:28:41 AM

Well, I hope I didn't come across as judgmental.

Some things do seem much more unlikely to be helpful though, and I think it's fair to comment on it when that's the case.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

East Coast Hustle

nah, that wasn't aimed at anybody, just a general observation.

Nast

Sometimes I find life too hard to bear, but then if I acquire some bath beads or even miniature soaps I find I can endure it a little longer.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

East Coast Hustle

see? bath beads, hard liquor, being physically beaten shitless...it's all good if it cures what ails you.

Prince Glittersnatch III

Unlike you FREAKS I drown my sorrow in an endless barrage of mind-numbing TV programing.
Nothing makes you forget about how your going to pat rent faster than The Cake Boss.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!