News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

A broken clock is right twice a day...

Started by LMNO, September 03, 2010, 02:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurnez Isa

An interesting case could be made for funerals... either the church owns the ground (ie they could do what they want) or you could give graveyards park status where you have some say on regulation when for the public or environmental good.

But that isn't the case at hand.
The case at hand is burning the flag, which I see as totally protected.
I disagree with pretty much all flag laws. Here in Canada we have a ton; flags have to be in certain condition, if you fly the French flag you have to fly the Canadian flag higher... all of which I disagree with even at a municipal level. (A case could be made for schools or Federal buildings)
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Requia ☣

Quoteif you fly the French flag you have to fly the Canadian flag higher...

Canada is claiming sovereignty over France?  :?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Requia ☣ on September 03, 2010, 10:43:16 PM
Quoteif you fly the French flag you have to fly the Canadian flag higher...

Canada is claiming sovereignty over France?  :?

More of a way to keep French Canadiens constantly pissed off. Otherwise there would be absolutely nothing interesting about the country.
Come on we're grasping for straws here. After the French separatist movement, what do we have left? Cheese and Gravy on fries - and Im serious here.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Prince Glittersnatch III

Quote from: Triple Zero on September 03, 2010, 05:04:42 PM
Does the thing where they protest at gay soldiers' funerals count as free speech too?

I'm seriously asking, cause I wonder if that would have been allowed here in NL. OTOH our speech is not 100% free since you are prohibited by law to deny the Holocaust happened (which I do find a stupid rule, tbh, not that I'd want to deny it, but well, I think you get it).

So, say, you'd exempt funerals from free speech, just stick to the ceremony. Just funerals. How would that become scary?

They werent gay soldiers, they were hetero soldiers who were killed by God(working though a divinely inspired IED)/ God kills straight people for OTHER people being gay.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Nephew Twiddleton

The one thing I'll give the WBC credit for is that they are doing tons to further the gay rights movement. When 300 million + Americans think you're a total asshole, no one wants to agree with you on anything.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS