News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

WHERE THE HELL IS THE FOOTBALL THREAD?

Started by Adios, September 05, 2010, 09:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

No, No, that's when everyone briefly checks in with the Bruins and Celtics to see what their playoffs hopes are, and if they are good, they will become HUGE FANS again.  THEN, it's spring training.  

Or, at least that's how it goes in Maine. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 10, 2011, 01:27:43 PM
No, No, that's when everyone briefly checks in with the Bruins and Celtics to see what their playoffs hopes are, and if they are good, they will become HUGE FANS again.  THEN, it's spring training.  

Or, at least that's how it goes in Maine. 

So they DON'T overturn cars there when the Red Sox or Patriots lose? (Or win...depending on the game.)
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

Up here?  Oh no.  They'll call up the local sports station and bellyache, or it will become part of the witty small-talk banter at the office, but the Maine, New England/Boston sports fans don't get THAT worked up about it.  They'll just drink down their coffee brandy and go to sleep. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Adios

With the exception of the Chiefs game they were all pretty damn good games this weekend.

LMNO

That's for sure.  Mrs LMNO normally doesn't care that much about non-Pats games, but this weekend the TV was on ESPN or the games most of the day.

East Coast Hustle

Well, that didn't go quite how I envisioned. :lulz:

OK, my picks for next weekend:

SEAHAWKS over BEARS: Anytime you can bet on Jay Cutler to choke in a big game in front of a home crowd in bad weather, don't you HAVE to do it?

PACKERS over FALCONS: I keep trying to talk myself into the Falcons, but I've just been waiting for a team that looks like it's getting the hot hand to emerge. Now that GB seems to have found a running game again, they're that team.

PATRIOTS over JETS: But it's gonna be close. The Jets' D-line will cause some disruption in NE's game plan. I'm thinking this one ends up being something along the lines of 21-17.

STEELERS over RAVENS: This is the hardest game to pick. I want to pick the Ravens but it's hard to bet against Roethlisraper in a big game at home. Steelers win in the first game to test the NFL's new playoff OT rules, 26-20.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Adios

After this past weekend I may never make picks again. Ever.

LMNO

Quote from: East Coast Hipster on January 10, 2011, 07:39:37 PM
STEELERS over RAVENS: This is the hardest game to pick. I want to pick the Ravens but it's hard to bet against Roethlisraper in a big game at home. Steelers win in the first game to test the NFL's new playoff OT rules, 26-20.

Speaking of which, there's a pretty interesting piece about the unintended ramifications of the OT rules here.

Adios

Good article, lots to think about. I am not sure that is fair to the coaches.

Kurt Christ

On the college football front, I just got back from Arizona an I'm pleased that I finally got to see an Auburn championship in my lifetime.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Vartox on January 12, 2011, 08:13:12 PM
On the college football front, I just got back from Arizona an I'm pleased that I finally got to see an Auburn championship in my lifetime.

What the hell were you doing in Arizona?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Kurt Christ

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 12, 2011, 08:16:00 PM
Quote from: Vartox on January 12, 2011, 08:13:12 PM

What the hell were you doing in Arizona?
BCS National Championship was in Glendale this year.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Aucoq

I don't think Atlanta is going to win this one.  :lol:
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Eater of Clowns

Belicheck apparently has a hatred of puns shared with some of this board.

He benched Wes Welker for the first quarter, after making a bunch of foot related puns in an interview.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Adios

Could there be 2 wild card teams in the super bowl?