News:

Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

Hey, Hoss...

Started by Adios, September 17, 2010, 04:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

There ain't no old cowboys and there ain't no young wise men.

See, wisdom comes from living. The harder you live, hopefully the more wisdom you gain. It don't always happen that way, but a lot of the time it does.

Now, I'm not talking about how smart you are, or how much education you have, just about the hard earned wisdom that only life can teach. There ain't no books and there ain't no classroom that can teach that.

The Wizard

More please? I have the feeling that this will lead to good conversation.  :D
Insanity we trust.

Adios

Well, I ain't saying I am wise, but I am experienced. I know fire is hot. I know a good woman is worth fighting for. I know there are more important things than money, even if I do know I want more than my share.

I know good whiskey is better than bad whiskey. A good horse is as hard to find as a good woman. I know to treat both of them right.

I know there is a chance I may only be human once, and that I want to get every ounce out of it I can.

Adios

I also know a conversation, good or bad, has to usually have more than one person.

Nephew Twiddleton

You know Charley, I look forward to eventually meeting you. If i read correctly, that will be in about 9 months.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Blight on September 17, 2010, 04:59:59 AM
You know Charley, I look forward to eventually meeting you. If i read correctly, that will be in about 9 months.

Same here, but don't expect too much. I am just a country boy who doesn't know his place.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Charley Brown on September 17, 2010, 05:02:09 AM

Same here, but don't expect too much. I am just a country boy who doesn't know his place.

I don't talk much to people I just met in person unless I've had a few drinks. (I think LMNO and dimo can confirm this)
Will plan logistics accordingly.

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Blight on September 17, 2010, 05:08:39 AM

I don't talk much to people I just met in person unless I've had a few drinks. (I think LMNO and dimo can confirm this)

Works for me, I have never met a stranger.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Charley Brown on September 17, 2010, 05:10:56 AM

We'll be in the same boat then. To hash out my original thought to that post, it seems like you have had a very thought provoking life, and it would be cool to talk with someone with that life experience who isn't a coworker or a relative, which brings its expected awkwardness and reticence.

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Blight on September 17, 2010, 05:15:30 AM

We'll be in the same boat then. To hash out my original thought to that post, it seems like you have had a very thought provoking life, and it would be cool to talk with someone with that life experience who isn't a coworker or a relative, which brings its expected awkwardness and reticence.

Hell, we'll buy each other a Scotch and to hell with barriers.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Charley Brown on September 17, 2010, 05:19:09 AM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on September 17, 2010, 05:15:30 AM

Hell, we'll buy each other a Scotch and to hell with barriers.

Deal! :cheers:

The Wizard

QuoteI also know a conversation, good or bad, has to usually have more than one person.

Sorry, something came up. Had to leave computer for a bit.

I really like that you're pointing out what wisdom is not. Like you said, wisdom isn't intelligence, or education. It's more...understanding how things work, so that you can the most out of what life throws at you. I think? It's kind of a hard to explain thing.
Insanity we trust.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on September 17, 2010, 05:23:34 AM
QuoteI also know a conversation, good or bad, has to usually have more than one person.

I really like that you're pointing out what wisdom is not. Like you said, wisdom isn't intelligence, or education. It's more...understanding how things work, so that you can the most out of what life throws at you. I think? It's kind of a hard to explain thing.

Knowing isn't necessarily the same as understanding.

Adios

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on September 17, 2010, 05:23:34 AM

Right on track.

The Wizard

Now here's a question: Do you think wisdom is something you have to learn, or can it develop on its own?
Insanity we trust.