News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

deep keyboard cuts

Started by Sepia, September 18, 2010, 01:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sepia

I'm in in love

Sadness is drifting in here, these open windows giving us distorted views on the outside world, the glass is grey and the sun is a sliver of what we knew her as. The wind has stopped blowing and every letter and every symbol is our attempt to create an emotional aggregate but as we think it we don't really care because it's something irish about this, something dylan thomas would have told us when when the sun came up over the green island and the sadness was upon us and we knew it would eventually go away and we would miss it as it was lost again, just to be found by someone else

In this world we grow into giants or dwarfs as we pass through the years as casually as we shop in the windows we pass to work and we see something and the mere sight of it for an entire season will be delightful but we will never purchase it or even visit the store because it smells like work and the effect that happens in our brain is as effective as setting a period. It speaks to us in the same way, each and every letter, everything contained within them tells the story of the item in the window, one we will never hold, know the brand of or feel the weight of, it is as unattainable as a star or wealth.

I remember an older friend who died a year ago and there's this one scene I've saved more than any else and he was recommending this band he'd made food for and hung out with and they were on the cusp of becoming kinda big and I didn't really like it at all but I've recalled that memory several times and now I'm listening to it and it's got that feeling. He was right and for that I miss him sorely because he was usually right, the bastard. Another day has come to an end and the saxophone begins, it could've been morphine but it's in a newer more artsy wrapup and the knife is a beautiful thing

We grew too old too quick, everything felt like it was sweeping away beside us, hurrying in from the snow and the cold, us old men, still left here upon the earth to die, there will be no peace. We are dead and we know it that all there is is now and nothing else, there are no virgins waiting, there is no enlightenment, no golden apple thrown across the universe. We will know good and bad things and we will say our lives were good without lying but we knew it could always have been so much better for our lives were the lives lived in mediocrity, where none stood up and told them because we didn't really care and those who did made the daytime news and were portrayed as raving lunatics when one of their favourite characters died off and this is all of it, there is nothing to wait for for nothing is coming except the end. In the words of a great poet, the curtain descends and everything ends... too soon, too soon. Our darlings will not wait for we will all die and like another more okish poet said it, in one hundred years all will be forgotten.

This is it, this is the trip we've been waiting for and we're coming up and we ascend through the stars and mother earth and father sun tells us that we have to remember that we have to get to work in the morning and we check our watches and we're due in two hours and it's you and me and we go there, we go home and shower, don our shirt and tie before we descend down our stairs and we're there, we're interacting with the height of reality as we break their balls and we do double the work of anyone there so we figure we can go home earlier and we do and we lost that job but we're still here, under the stars

God is a monster that doesn't exist, science as a thing to put faith into is depressing because it doesn't make anybody closer to scientific thinking it just brings us warning labels on coffee cups and I hope an object evaporates the planet before we get off it, I hope you die and I hope I die because we're a failed experiment and that's the way you make me feel, baby

Because I got to let you down and it's like magic to me

with your brother
Everyone will always be too late

Adios

ThatGreenGentleman

As a gentleman, it is my duty to wear top-hats.

Penumbral

Your writings are some of my favorite. Well done.