News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

SPIDERS: It's not a game.

Started by LMNO, September 21, 2010, 12:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Well damn, I feel bad thinking Semaj was the Spider.

Elder Iptuous

exciting!  :D
i wonder who Chuck is....
i feel bad for Semaj... is his posting itt verboten, now?  :cry:
what might his subsuming indicate?  who did he vote against?

Don Coyote

Quote from: Iptuous on September 22, 2010, 08:27:08 PM
exciting!  :D
i wonder who Chuck is....
i feel bad for Semaj... is his posting itt verboten, now?  :cry:
what might his subsuming indicate?  who did he vote against?
Dok

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

the spider would have had to make its decision before all the votes were in, right?

Elder Iptuous

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

based on, we dont take turns like in previous games everyone attacks each other at once. round one spider bites, we vote discordian discords. all at once.  so the spider would have to choose while we were still voting (and would also have to vote)

LMNO

Quote from: Frederieke van Noodleberg on September 22, 2010, 09:11:33 PM
the spider would have had to make its decision before all the votes were in, right?

TECHNICAL NOTE:

Anyone can make their choice at any time. Special players were notified at post 1 of this thread.  They were in contact with me the entire time.  The order they're carried out, however, is Vote>Spider>Discordian.

If a Spider attacked someone who got voted off, then it would simply be redundant.

In other words, you can't use that as a way to tell.

Jasper

I think Cudgel is a spider.  He votes to kill Semaj, and can't get enough votes (three votes, was it? Hmm.) and makes an unconvincing show of remorse.

As an aside, what happens if someone is targeted to be subsumed and converted on the same turn?

LMNO

Spider comes first.  Discordian fails.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Sigmatic on September 22, 2010, 09:30:48 PM
I think Cudgel is a spider.  He votes to kill Semaj, and can't get enough votes (three votes, was it? Hmm.) and makes an unconvincing show of remorse.

As an aside, what happens if someone is targeted to be subsumed and converted on the same turn?

it happens in order.  it's not simultaneous, so i would assume that he is subsumed first and discordian chooses someone else, right?
not just a failure?

Jasper

Hrm.

Initiative should be randomized, in a perfect world.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

are discordians good guys are should we try to kill them too  :lol:

LMNO

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Frederieke van Noodleberg on September 22, 2010, 09:34:06 PM
are discordians good guys are should we try to kill them too  :lol:
what?!
why would you do that?  they're the best shot we have at winning....
:?

Jasper

Oooh kaaay.

so yeah, I totally think cudgel did it.