News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

A few pet peeves

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, September 22, 2010, 07:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"The forum is ruined" because:

1. "You people aren't doing anything awesome, and what you're doing instead is stupid and worthless."

2. "Nobody joined in my thread/project, so you guys are assholes and suck. I'm deleting what I posted and never posting anything again."

3. "It got quiet in here; I guess nobody cares/the board is dead."

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Adios

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Charley Brown on September 22, 2010, 08:26:59 PM
Who are you shooting at?

All of the people who have posted some variation on one of those lately, which is quite a few. Yes, you are among them, and I think I already said so in another thread. But you are far from the only one. Among the lazy, useless fucks you paint with a broad brush when you pull stunts like that are people who are having a really hard time, and you don't know who is and who isn't. It's becoming a recurring theme on the board lately, and I think it sucks.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Adios

Well, well.

Possibly I am having difficulties as well, but don't let that get in your way.

Oh, dear, I have failed to live up to your standards, whatever will I do now.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Nigel on September 22, 2010, 07:46:46 PM

1. "You people aren't doing anything awesome, and what you're doing instead is stupid and worthless."

2. "Nobody joined in my thread/project, so you guys are assholes and suck. I'm deleting what I posted and never posting anything again."

meh, that shit's been annoying for years. It seems to be an embedded feature at this point.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Adios

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 22, 2010, 09:05:14 PM

meh, that shit's been annoying for years. It seems to be an embedded feature at this point.

It's just like the one liner thing, my shit gets jumped for it. Good thing my shoulders are slumped so hard that this shit just rolls off.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Charley Brown on September 22, 2010, 08:53:53 PM
Well, well.

Possibly I am having difficulties as well, but don't let that get in your way.

Oh, dear, I have failed to live up to your standards, whatever will I do now.

Maybe you are having difficulties. Maybe EVERYONE is and that's why the board is slow/lacks awesome projects.

When you, or anyone else, goes on a diatribe about how nobody's posting anything or doing anything cool or useful, they are indirectly attacking the whole board, including everyone else who is struggling. Including me, Jenne, Pixie, and who knows who all else. So, you know, sorry I didn't see/don't have time for your pet project, but if you feel the need to insult me for it, you (generic you) can suck my dick.

Jasper

I have to throw in here, because it does bug me.  "Thread ruined" is way too common a phrase, and it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.  

Adios

Then please feel free to completely ignore my posts.

Of course I could just spend my time in OB bitching about how shitty my life is.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah, it never stops being old.

But it's particularly rubbing me the wrong way right now because I ache all over, I've had one bad hit after another for the last couple of weeks, and for fuck's sake, I'm sick of being told I'm not doing it right/not doing enough. And there are other people here who are struggling harder than I am. We don't all have desk jobs, unemployment checks, or a bounty of time and energy to spend on the internet. WHEN WE DO, we will rejoice, and work on more cool projects and social justice etc.

But maybe all it means is that I should fuck off from the board until I have money and time enough to make myself valuable here.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Charley Brown on September 22, 2010, 09:06:49 PM

It's just like the one liner thing, my shit gets jumped for it. Good thing my shoulders are slumped so hard that this shit just rolls off.

In all fairness, I didn't see your name mentioned in the OP. Nigel appears to be annoyed with everyone equally, which is as it should be.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Charley Brown on September 22, 2010, 09:41:19 PM
Then please feel free to completely ignore my posts.

Of course I could just spend my time in OB bitching about how shitty my life is.

You already do.

It's just that you also have endless free time to spend bitching about how shitty everyone else is too, apparently. Fuck you.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on September 22, 2010, 09:43:54 PM

In all fairness, I didn't see your name mentioned in the OP. Nigel appears to be annoyed with everyone equally, which is as it should be.

This is true. It's not ALL ABOUT CHARLEY. His small contribution of blame and petulance is but one granule in the desert of irritation.

Adios

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=26564.msg935208#new

Know what? Maybe it's time I just left.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Charley Brown on September 22, 2010, 09:46:18 PM

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=26564.msg935208#new

Know what? Maybe it's time I just left.

Yeah, it's ALL about you, huh? Do you see the fact that I called you on it individually as PROOF that I started a WHOLE THREAD ENTIRELY ABOUT YOU? Jesus fucking hell. Like that's my style. I called YOU out directly. This thread is for EVERYONE FUCKING ELSE.