News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

Natto! A Food Report

Started by Nast, September 26, 2010, 06:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

It's about as bizarre as life generally is.  I think nothing of it.

Nast

I've heard that our brain has a filter in place, which when removed leaves our psyches exposed to the onslaught of unimaginable Lovecraftian horrors, like cheese.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on September 28, 2010, 07:50:04 PM
Quote from: Kiaransalee on September 28, 2010, 02:50:52 PM
Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on September 27, 2010, 07:01:52 PM
Natto is OK with white rice, and a bit of soy sauce. You can throw some egg into the hot rice, as well.

It takes several tries to get used to it, but if you eat it every morning it stops seeming so disgusting.

But I just don't understand why you would torture yourself.  It's not like it's any healthier than other foods or anything like that.  It doesn't cure cancer or anything...

I just have to ask Nigel WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?  :x

:lulz:

I see questionable food as a personal challenge.

THIS

in other news my local supermarket has started selling japanese foods. :happy dance:

Don Coyote

Quote from: Nast on October 03, 2010, 08:35:18 AM
I've heard that our brain has a filter in place, which when removed leaves our psyches exposed to the onslaught of unimaginable Lovecraftian horrors, like cheese.

:lulz:

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Nast on October 03, 2010, 05:24:04 AM
I think cheese is actually a really bizarre food, but Westerners are just used to it.

I mean, it's the coagulated liquid secretions of the mammary glands of mammals, variously aged and fermented.

Mmm.  This really got me wanting a grilled coagulated liquid secretions of the mammary glands of mammals sandwich.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yesterday I asked for a cheese that is "footy and assy. No, more bitter and pungent than that" and my cheese dealer gave me "Liederkranz" which is like Limburger, but assier and more bitter. I git a cheese high.

The body does a funny thing with food. The first time we eat a weird new food, it doesn't seem like "food" and may be repugnant. but after you eat and digest it a couple of times, your body recognizes it as food, and therefore appetizing.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on October 05, 2010, 08:13:38 AM
Yesterday I asked for a cheese that is "footy and assy. No, more bitter and pungent than that" and my cheese dealer gave me "Liederkranz" which is like Limburger, but assier and more bitter. I git a cheese high.

The body does a funny thing with food. The first time we eat a weird new food, it doesn't seem like "food" and may be repugnant. but after you eat and digest it a couple of times, your body recognizes it as food, and therefore appetizing.

Beer is like cheese.

Now I want both in my mouth NAO

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sir Coyote on October 06, 2010, 06:23:41 AM

Beer is like cheese.

NOM

When I walked to the store earlier for wine, I couldn't resist getting a wee tiny wedge of blue cheese. I'm hoping that the cheese rush I get from it will help me sleep despite the wine, which usually keeps me up.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nast

But now you're going to have craaaaazy cheese dreams!

Don Coyote

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on October 06, 2010, 06:28:38 AM
Quote from: Sir Coyote on October 06, 2010, 06:23:41 AM

Beer is like cheese.

NOM

When I walked to the store earlier for wine, I couldn't resist getting a wee tiny wedge of blue cheese. I'm hoping that the cheese rush I get from it will help me sleep despite the wine, which usually keeps me up.

I cannot go to the grocery store unaccompanied or I will blow my money on fancy cheeses and beer. :cry:

Jasper

Quote from: Nast on October 06, 2010, 06:30:28 AM

I wish this worked on me.  No amount of cheese and wine give me weird dreams.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have crazy dreams anyway...

Bruno

Quote from: Sigmatic on October 06, 2010, 07:14:37 AM

I wish this worked on me.  No amount of cheese and wine give me weird dreams.

Try going to bed with a nicotine patch on. If you don't smoke, use a 7mg patch.
Formerly something else...

eighteen buddha strike

Quote from: Jerry_Frankster on October 15, 2010, 10:37:21 PM
Quote from: Sigmatic on October 06, 2010, 07:14:37 AM

I wish this worked on me.  No amount of cheese and wine give me weird dreams.

Try going to bed with a nicotine patch on. If you don't smoke, use a 7mg patch.

That just reminds me of Coffee and Cigarettes.
"Sometimes I like to drink a lot of coffee before I go to sleep, because it makes my dreams go really fast"

Except that it doesnt work that way, at least not for me. I just have incredibly disturbing dreams and bouts of sleep paralysis when I try to jar myself awake.

Oh, and every once in a while I LIKE to eat natto... couldn't do it every day, but its really not that bad. I like to chase it with a bit of wasabi.