News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

An Error Has Occurred!

Started by ~, October 21, 2010, 07:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~

An Error Has Occurred!

Elder Iptuous

Barrett

That's how I imagined hackers destroyed websites when I was younger.
Do not click here!

Nast

Quote from: Barrett on November 03, 2010, 01:30:32 AM

You means that's not how they really do it?

:cry:
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Barrett

Quote from: Nast on November 03, 2010, 03:57:38 AM

NO! Hell no!
I mean I stopped imagining hackers.
Do not click here!

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nast on November 03, 2010, 03:57:38 AM
Quote from: Barrett on November 03, 2010, 01:30:32 AM

One fine day, years ago, a friend of mine found an XSS vulnerability in the BlackBoard Electronic Learning Environment [of our university faculty], specifically the discussion-forum part (though XSS vulns were--and probably still are--everywhere).

Asking me for inspiration on what sort of fun we could have, I coded a simple shooting game with big bugs crawling over the screen which you had to shoot by clicking on them, and they would EXPLODE (thanks to Google Image Search for providing me with nice animated GIFs for both graphics :) ), I even put in a very simple highscore (not that the game was hard, you couldnt even die, it was just how long you bothered to keep clicking those bugs).

As we were very responsible people, we mailed the IT Support about the bug, and very well, the next day they were top in the highscores.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Triple Zero

Not entirely sure what you mean? Blackboard is a worldwide used electronic learning web portal software package thing, but so far I've seen there are also many different versions of it.

Also, the code for the bug-game, I lost long ago. I just coded it from scratch while on my uni account, but I don't think I kept the sources there, for not leaving too much evidence around. Though it was a harmless little prank, just a specially crafted post on one of the forums inside the web portal. They could delete the post and all was back to normal.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Precious Moments Zalgo

Thanks Liam.  I like this thing.  I disabled my ad blocker and now I use this instead.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.