News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

Failwro WriMo

Started by Cain, October 25, 2010, 11:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Anyone considering doing it again this year?

I am debating it...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 25, 2010, 11:02:00 PM
Anyone considering doing it again this year?

I am debating it...

Not me.  I have too many things going on.  Besides, that would make writing a stressor, instead of a stress reliever.
Molon Lube

Eater of Clowns

I would love to, but I don't see it happening this year.  I think that means I have to take last year's certificate off my fridge, officially.   :sad:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 26, 2010, 12:28:48 AM
I would love to, but I don't see it happening this year.  I think that means I have to take last year's certificate off my fridge, officially.   :sad:

If you don't, they send V.C. Andrews around to kick your arse.
Molon Lube

Placid Dingo

I think I will.

I have failed two years so far, but one of them has given me a very workable manuscript start, so it always seems woth it for me.

Also, I've JUST fleshed out some ideas I was fiddling with.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

LMNO

Not even close to having the time.

Suu

I'm not doing it this year. I wouldn't make it.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Placid Dingo

I thought inevitable failure was half the fun?
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Eve

I'm giving it a go because I've been going strong every year since 2001, but I don't have high hopes. Especially because I have no plot ideas whatsoever and rarely succeed without one. Meh.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

LMNO

You might find some suggestions here.

Suu

Quote from: Placid Dingo on October 26, 2010, 02:19:13 PM
I thought inevitable failure was half the fun?

It is, but it's a deadly distraction from my term paper and projects for this semester. I'll get back to it next year. I have won the past 2 years in a row, and I still have some good ideas, it's just a matter of focusing on them.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

I'm still slathering to read 3 mythos books, a swordplay manual, and Dok's latest HST loan.  Writing time is sort of out ATM.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Richter on October 26, 2010, 04:34:37 PM
I'm still slathering to read 3 mythos books, a swordplay manual, and Dok's latest HST loan.  Writing time is sort of out ATM.

Which manual?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Richter

Quote from: Ratatosk on October 26, 2010, 04:54:32 PM
Quote from: Richter on October 26, 2010, 04:34:37 PM

Which manual?

The Academy of the Sword by Thibault.  I'm into the first few chapters on his circle, measurements, and instances. 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Hanni

Psst *whispers*

What is this?