News:

I WILL KILL A MOTHERFUCKER.

Main Menu

Because it worked so well for the government...

Started by Cain, October 30, 2010, 02:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/bizarre/man-busted-waterboarding-girlfriend

QuoteOCTOBER 28--After accusing his girlfriend of cheating on him, a Nebraska man allegedly tied the woman to a couch in their apartment and waterboarded her, according to police.

Trevor Case, 22, has been charged with domestic assault, false imprisonment, and making terroristic threats in connection with the bizarre incident early Saturday morning at the Lincoln home he shared with the 22-year-old victim.

Police allege that Case stuffed "hospital socks" into Danielle Stallworth's mouth and bound her wrists with belts and hair ties before placing a shirt over her head and dousing it with water, according to a Lincoln Police Department report. "He poured a pitcher of water on her head, and she started freaking out and thought she wasn't able to breathe," cops noted.

The waterboarding practice, of course, leaves victims with the sensation that they are drowning.

"As she was trying to get up, she clawed Case on his chest," cops reported. When the couple's young daughter awoke and came into the living room, "the situation calmed down." When questioned by police, Case admitted arguing with Stallworth, but denied tying her up. He claimed that a scratch on his chest occurred while "wrestling with a friend."

An officer noted observing injuries on Stallworth's wrist, arm, and thigh, all of which were photographed.

Case, pictured in the above mug shot, is being held on $150,000 bond at the Lancaster County jail. The police report reveals that Case was convicted last November of domestic assault against Stallworth, with whom he has been involved in a relationship for about five years. (3 pages)

Gosh, who could've forseen etc etc.... Of course, had Case been a CIA or military officer, no doubt they'd be melting the bronze for the medals right now.

Kai

Haha, so it's only okay when the government does it~!  :lulz:
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Elder Iptuous

wasn't there a story not too long ago about some parent waterboarding their kids?

Jasper

Yeesh.

Makes me think that if ANY method of torture were openly discussed on the news often enough, it would get used by psychos.

Phox

:x

That's pretty fucked up. I honestly wonder what the fuck makes people think shit like that is acceptable.

Jasper

Lack of empathy, primarily.  Most evil has pretty boring causes, I think you'll find.

Cain

That's how I see it, too.  Most people don't really want or like to think of themselves as evil, so they like to believe their acts were necessary, served the greater good etc or are less evil than the acts they are trying to stop or punish or just didn't really think about it at all in the first place.

This particular event was about his girlfriend supposedly having an affair, so indifference to her except as a sextoy/status item (which an affair would threaten, by making a fool of him).  Chances are he doesn't even really think of her as a person, just something which fulfills those roles for him.  People can be terribly self-centered.

Of course, most of this doesn't apply to intelligent psychopaths, who, however they may dress it up, tend to do harmful acts because they derive enjoyment and benefit from it - emotionally or otherwise.

Jasper

Phox

Quote from: Cain on October 30, 2010, 10:01:48 PM
That's how I see it, too.  Most people don't really want or like to think of themselves as evil, so they like to believe their acts were necessary, served the greater good etc or are less evil than the acts they are trying to stop or punish or just didn't really think about it at all in the first place.

This particular event was about his girlfriend supposedly having an affair, so indifference to her except as a sextoy/status item (which an affair would threaten, by making a fool of him).  Chances are he doesn't even really think of her as a person, just something which fulfills those roles for him.  People can be terribly self-centered.

Of course, most of this doesn't apply to intelligent psychopaths, who, however they may dress it up, tend to do harmful acts because they derive enjoyment and benefit from it - emotionally or otherwise.
:|

That does not make me feel any better about humanity, y'know.

Jasper

Then you need to work on your sense of humor; That stuff kills in Abu Ghraib.

ba dum tss

Phox

Quote from: Sigmatic on October 30, 2010, 11:37:43 PM
Then you need to work on your sense of humor; That stuff kills in Abu Ghraib.

ba dum tss

Allow me.  :rimshot:

eighteen buddha strike

Sadly, Lincoln is a gold-mine for shit like this.
For example: Kitten in a Bong
There are a lot of terminally retarded people here.
... and none of them can drive, either.

Oh, there was also the college student here who made a big deal about his campaign to not wear seatbelts.
He later died in a car accident, which he would have survived, had he been wearing his seatbelt... the other person in the car survived, he did not.

I think there is a link to that on this board somewhere, this is where I remember first reading about that, anyway.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: eighteen buddha strike on October 31, 2010, 06:42:20 PM
Sadly, Lincoln is a gold-mine for shit like this.
For example: Kitten in a Bong
There are a lot of terminally retarded people here.
... and none of them can drive, either.

Oh, there was also the college student here who made a big deal about his campaign to not wear seatbelts.
He later died in a car accident, which he would have survived, had he been wearing his seatbelt... the other person in the car survived, he did not.

I think there is a link to that on this board somewhere, this is where I remember first reading about that, anyway.

http://web.archive.org/web/20041105191840/http://www.dailynebraskan.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/09/17/414a5a030e91d
http://journalstar.com/news/local/article_d61cc109-3492-54ef-849d-0a5d7f48027a.html
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BabylonHoruv

Hey, if you want a confession waterboarding is the way to go.  The Catholic Church figured that out back during the inquisition.

You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl