News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

Smartphones and IP.

Started by Salty, November 03, 2010, 07:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

I didn't want to post this in that fail thread. I didn't want to come off pedantic and plus...well the smell in there is atrocious.

When I post from my phone the little icon shows me posting from a PC. If I start a topic it shows me posting from my phone. From what I've observed other smartphones always show up as a phone.

Is my IP address the same when I post from my phone no matter where I'm at on the network?
Of course it would be different using wifi.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

For example the post and the OP don't have the phone symbol but I am in fact posting from my phone in both instances.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Faust

Quote from: Alty on November 03, 2010, 09:09:32 PM
For example the post and the OP don't have the phone symbol but I am in fact posting from my phone in both instances.

Smf recognises some smart phones (Suu always shows up with a phone icon by her post when she is using it).
It probably doesn't work for all of them.
Sleepless nights at the chateau