News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

Erisian Brewer's Cadre. Or: How I saw the Goddess in the first place

Started by Richter, November 04, 2010, 04:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on February 14, 2011, 06:22:51 PM
It's exploding in the brew closet.
We have to keep cleaning out the blow off tube cause it keeps sludgin over.

This might be a little strong.  :lol:

:lulz:

Friend of mine once referred to one of his brewing projects as "Vesuvius."  It was, apparently, epic in the amount which painted the ceiling.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Suu

The Providence contingent are heading to the local brew store tonight for supplies.

I'm planning on doing Squiddy's hard limeade. :D

I figure by the time this is ready to secondary I'm going to maybe start a beer.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Luna

Quote from: Princess Suu the Apostate on February 23, 2011, 08:39:16 PM
The Providence contingent are heading to the local brew store tonight for supplies.

I figure by the time this is ready to secondary I'm going to maybe start a beer.

Yay, gonna start my first brewing project! 

Cross your fingers, if it doesn't explode, and if it's not so good we demolish it, I'll test it out on the New England Meatup crew.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Suu

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Precious Moments Zalgo

I plan on doing a two-fer this weekend, brewing a Strong Scotch ale off the first runnings, and a normal strength Scottish ale off the second runnings.  Also, my sake should be ready this weekend, just have to strain out the solids, pasteurize it, and bottle it.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Suu

Picked up some basics. A new carboy, carboy brush, big ass spoon for mixing, fermentation lock and champagne yeast, which I almost forgot to put in the fridge until now.

Sir Squid Diddimus

PS- the limeade takes a long time to lose the yeast flavor

Suu

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on February 24, 2011, 04:39:09 PM

PS- the limeade takes a long time to lose the yeast flavor

I'm giving in 3 months in the primary.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Suu

Luna

My first try.

Here's hoping it doesn't go boom in the night.  It started making little blurpy noises about two minutes after tossing the yeast in.

Suu

I just brewed the limeade. I have a 5gal carboy instead of a 6, so I went with 4 gallons. So I used 8 cans of concentrate instead of 10. Still used 2lbs of sugar though...THE YEASTIES MUST EAT!

I didn't take an OG, but if I had a hydrometer, I'm assuming it would just jump out and scream anyway, it's so fucking sugary. Hopefully the champagne yeast will kill some of that.

Precious Moments Zalgo

I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

LMNO

Something I've been wondering since this thread started... How are y'all sterilizing these containers?