News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

Erisian Brewer's Cadre. Or: How I saw the Goddess in the first place

Started by Richter, November 04, 2010, 04:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Suu

My kitchen is starting to take on the aroma of lime booze.

Oh god, what have I done?!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Luna

Quote from: Princess Suu the Apostate on March 15, 2011, 01:52:15 AM

Probably gotten us all pretty spectacularly messed up, at some point in the future.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Suu

Quote from: Luna on March 15, 2011, 02:13:57 AM
Quote from: Princess Suu the Apostate on March 15, 2011, 01:52:15 AM

Probably gotten us all pretty spectacularly messed up, at some point in the future.

Vinland Raids. ;)

Maybe a sampling on Memorial Day, but VR definitely. Once I'm ready to bottle this fucker I'll start the 2nd (larger) batch for war.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

What have you done?
Obviously you've followed instructions! Good for you, human.

Now, you should be able to bottle it by the the last week of April. Don't forget your priming sugar*.
If all goes well it will be carbonated in 2-3 weeks. Fully soda-like in a month.

*1 cup corn sugar+1 cup water heated to nearly a boil, added to bottom of bottling bucket. Make sure to get a good swirl going with your hose to properly mix.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Ok so here's what we did--

We brewed a batch of grains for a Belgian dubbel. We were given the wrong yeast packet (Saison) so we pitched that anyway. After 2 weeks of slow fermentation we pitched some trappist yeast (for shits n giggles)
For the secondary we threw in some sugar and strawberries. Well needless to say that got the yeast all excited again so after a few more weeks we finally bottled it on 3/15.

We of course checked the gravity and drank the un-carbonated beer from the tube and I gotta say. I'm really impressed with this.
It's a tart saison with the sweetness from the dubbel recipe and quite strong.

CAN'T WAIT!

We're calling it Saison Du B'tard

Jenne

Luna

Anybody who's done a cider...  It's been in there for over two weeks, and still blurping happily away every 8-10 seconds or so.  How long do I leave it in there, anyway?

Richter

Try a taste maybe?  Doesn't matter as much until after it's jacked how it tastes, but at least get a sense for how it's starting. 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Luna

Quote from: Richter on March 17, 2011, 07:01:18 PM
Try a taste maybe?  Doesn't matter as much until after it's jacked how it tastes, but at least get a sense for how it's starting.  

This is doable...  I think I can find something to use for a siphon.

ETA:  Taste test results:  Doesn't suck at all.

Also, the stuff has responded to being lightly tapped by speeding up, it's bubbling every six or seven seconds again.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Strawberry Saison is huge success.

Little tart, little sweet, berries really come through.
This may be my favorite yet.

Luna

Strawberry cordial, bottled and tasty.  First project, in the bottle...

Hm.  Save it 'til the May Meatup, or demolish it and make more.

Decisions, decisions...

Luna

Since the strawberry appears to be a success, let's give blackberry a try.

Note to self, do not buy these jars again.  The seal... well, it doesn't.  Every time I shake this, I wind up with vodka all over my hands.

Triple Zero

Try a taste maybe?  Doesn't matter as much until after it's jacked how it tastes, but at least get a sense for how it's starting. 

Jacked? What's that? I'm probably doing it, but I am unfamiliar with the term.

Quote from: Luna on March 17, 2011, 07:04:09 PM
Also, the stuff has responded to being lightly tapped by speeding up, it's bubbling every six or seven seconds again.

Isn't that just the CO2 that's already in the liquid, coming loose by tapping? I don't think it's the yeast suddenly being jarred awake or so.

This pineapple/strawberry/apple mead stuff I described a few pages back, I finally got enough of it keeping on bubbling. I tasted it, it wasn't awfully sweet (which was what I was afraid of, if I didn't let it ferment out). Tonight it's probably one of the last nights we'll have below zero celsius (freezing) temperature, so I put it outside on the balcony, hopefully putting the yeast to sleep, speeding up the settling process. Hope I'll be able to clear it up somewhat.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Luna

Quote from: Triple Zero on March 27, 2011, 10:54:53 PM

Jacked? What's that? I'm probably doing it, but I am unfamiliar with the term.

Jacked = frozen until stuff stops freezing out.  It concentrates the alcohol considerably.  Traditional applejack was, essentially, just cider tossed into a barrel and left in the barn, tap off the alcohol once it mostly freezes.  As it's warmer, and I have no barn, I'll be tossing this into smaller containers and shoving it into the freezer, and skimming off the ice every few days.

Quote from: Luna on March 17, 2011, 07:04:09 PM

Isn't that just the CO2 that's already in the liquid, coming loose by tapping? I don't think it's the yeast suddenly being jarred awake or so.

This pineapple/strawberry/apple mead stuff I described a few pages back, I finally got enough of it keeping on bubbling. I tasted it, it wasn't awfully sweet (which was what I was afraid of, if I didn't let it ferment out). Tonight it's probably one of the last nights we'll have below zero celsius (freezing) temperature, so I put it outside on the balcony, hopefully putting the yeast to sleep, speeding up the settling process. Hope I'll be able to clear it up somewhat.

I'm guessing it was just the fresh air.  It's slowing down to around every 12 to 15 seconds, now, I've gotta decide if I want to siphon it off into another carboy and secondary it, or just go right to the freezer.