News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

Erisian Brewer's Cadre. Or: How I saw the Goddess in the first place

Started by Richter, November 04, 2010, 04:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Pastor Miskatonic Zappathruster on May 16, 2011, 12:37:52 AM
Quote from: Pastor Miskatonic Zappathruster on May 11, 2011, 11:52:26 PMThe head on my Chipotle Kahlua stout disappears quickly too, and the carbonation is really fizzy.  I'm not sure what's up with that.  The first batch didn't do that.

It seems like the longer it ages, the better the pepper flavor melds with the other flavors.  It's very spicy now, but it doesn't hit me until the finish.  I get roast, coffee, chocolate, and alcohol up front.  I hope whoever judges the herb/vegetable/spice beer category on Saturday likes heat, otherwise I'm certain to lose points for being "unbalanced".

Heh.

Quote from: Judge 1... Hot spicy peppers dominate, YEOW!  Peppers dominate this beer hard to discern other flavors.  Background is roasty, chocolatey. ... Hot pepper sensation on tongue all the day down the throat. ... Not a pleasant sensation for a beer.  The peppers dominate this beer to a level that does not feel well balanced for the style.  Special ingredients should add complexity, not dominate.  Try again as the base beer seems solid, just back off the peppers.

Quote from: Judge 2... Very hot peppery.  Too dominant in flavor.  Lose the stout in hot pepper flavor. ... Too overwhelming with hot pepper.  Not able to taste base beer.  Need to greatly reduce peppers to make beer drinkable.  Would make great base for chili.

I took second in the Russian Imperial Stout category.  The RIS that beat mine went on to take 2nd in the overall best of show.

Now I REALLY wanna try it. Did you bottle any 12oz? We could uh.. "trade homemade sodas", wink wink nudge nudge...

Precious Moments Zalgo

Sure.  Any idea how much it costs to ship a 12oz "live yeast sample"?
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Sir Squid Diddimus

I think it's like 8 bucks or so if you find the right sized box. I recommend bubble wrap and lots of paper stuffing.

BabylonHoruv

I shipped 2 of them for 8 bucks via UPS.  I am lucky enough to have a local winery that will sell me shipping boxes made specifically for beer and wine bottles.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Sir Squid Diddimus

Just don't tell them it has any alcohol or they won't ship it.
It's "soda. soda they can't get there"

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on May 25, 2011, 07:12:55 AM
Just don't tell them it has any alcohol or they won't ship it.
It's "soda. soda they can't get there"

or home made soda.

-Dok Howl

Suu

Last night, Enzo and I added tequila to the hard limeade.

Oh. My. God.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Suu

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

I'm having a glass now. Still a wee bit green. I have some bottles warm and some in the fridge, this was a cold one.

Oh. God. This is like...twice as strong as Mike's. Fuck.

Suu

I mixed it with Cruzan Black Strap.

...Um. Sweet tea, anyone?  :fap:

Suu

BabylonHoruv

My plan for my next project is a methlegin (herbed mead) herbed with licorice, or possibly fennel or anise.

-Dok Howl

Luna

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on June 15, 2011, 02:33:15 PM
My plan for my next project is a methlegin (herbed mead) herbed with licorice, or possibly fennel or anise.

Oh, my...  Let me know how that goes, it sounds interesting!
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Luna on June 15, 2011, 02:41:03 PM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on June 15, 2011, 02:33:15 PM

Oh, my...  Let me know how that goes, it sounds interesting!

Will do.  It's my first serious attempt at a mead.  I made some years ago, but I did it in 2 liter bottles, this is going to be in a proper carboy and taken much more careful care of.

-Dok Howl