News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

Erisian Brewer's Cadre. Or: How I saw the Goddess in the first place

Started by Richter, November 04, 2010, 04:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BabylonHoruv

my latest imperial stout, which was made on the dregs of my mocha stout and thus has some coffee and chocolate in it, plus a little bit of a brett infection (not intentional, but not a bad thing) is siphoning into the bottling bucket right now.  I'll be starting my mead tomorrow or soon therafter,  I think I am going to go with a berry mead rather than a licorice one, after getting input from all my friends.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Luna

Cloved orange mead is bottled.  It certainly does not suck as it is, and a little time to settle in the bottles may make it awesome.  Keeping that recipe.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Luna on July 16, 2011, 11:14:51 PM
Cloved orange mead is bottled.  It certainly does not suck as it is, and a little time to settle in the bottles may make it awesome.  Keeping that recipe.

sounds tasty

-Dok Howl

Jenne

Dudes, I've decided because of the variable temps and humidity, that I'm going to do this project of mine in my bro's wine fridge.

Thoughts?  (mead, poss. cider with orange infusion and also heff or other ale)

Luna

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on November 05, 2010, 04:47:02 PM
We had done a gallon of something called "Joe's Ancient Mead" with raisins, orange, cinnamon and junk and just moved it into the secondary last night.
Smells like friggin gasoline.
It should be better after some bottle aging.

Huh.  Went back to the beginning of this thread to poke around, and found this.  Googled "Joe's Ancient Mead."  Got the recipe I just used for the cloved orange mead, darn near exactly.

I replaced the yeast (it says use dried bread yeast, :vom:, I used the liquid English Cider yeast instead), and followed pretty exactly.  Came out of the carboy tasting pretty good, without even letting it settle in the bottles.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Jenne on July 18, 2011, 04:28:25 AM
Dudes, I've decided because of the variable temps and humidity, that I'm going to do this project of mine in my bro's wine fridge.

If you are gonna do an ale make sure the wine fridge isn't set too cold.  most Ale yeasts are best around 60 degrees, too cold and they don't give much flavor to the beer.

-Dok Howl

Jenne

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on July 18, 2011, 06:12:12 AM

If you are gonna do an ale make sure the wine fridge isn't set too cold.  most Ale yeasts are best around 60 degrees, too cold and they don't give much flavor to the beer.

DANG.  Ok.  I'm also thinking of just BUYING the damned thing off of him.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Jenne on July 19, 2011, 04:04:44 AM
Quote from: BabylonHoruv on July 18, 2011, 06:12:12 AM

DANG.  Ok.  I'm also thinking of just BUYING the damned thing off of him.

Lagers like cold,  down in the low 40's is good.  A wine storage fridge should easily do mid to high 50's which is great for a mead, or a cider, or a fairly light ale.

-Dok Howl

Luna

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Luna on July 21, 2011, 03:25:47 AM
They're gonna take away my license to cordial...

THAT'S...JUST...hmm.  I'll get back to you on how I feel about this.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Luna

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 21, 2011, 03:31:43 AM
Quote from: Luna on July 21, 2011, 03:25:47 AM
They're gonna take away my license to cordial...

THAT'S...JUST...hmm.  I'll get back to you on how I feel about this.

The swedish fish cordial came out pretty darned tasty...

Freeky

Luna

Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on July 21, 2011, 04:27:59 AM
What is it?

Erm...  Well, I had this vodka, you see...  And no fruit, once I had the blueberries in...

There was this big bag of those candy spearmint leaves...

So I did science to them.

Freeky

Quote from: Luna on July 21, 2011, 04:34:24 AM
What is it?

Erm...  Well, I had this vodka, you see...  And no fruit, once I had the blueberries in...

NICE.

Luna

Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on July 21, 2011, 04:44:40 AM
Quote from: Luna on July 21, 2011, 04:34:24 AM
What is it?

NICE.

It already smells pretty awesome.  If the time runs like the swedish fish (another science experiment...  Hey, they're fruit flavored, and I was out of fruit), should only be a couple weeks, I should have it in time for Pennsic.