Erisian Brewer's Cadre. Or: How I saw the Goddess in the first place

Started by Richter, November 04, 2010, 04:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Oooooh... now that gives me an idea for what else we could do with the nine million pounds of blueberries that the bushes in our backyard are producing.

And golly gee whiz, I'll be old enough to buy the supplies on my own by Monday! :lulz:

Freeky

Freeky

ALSO YOU ARE A BANANA ROBOT WITH CARROT HAIR.  YOU ARE ADORABLE.

STOP THAT SHIT.

Suu

Quote from: Cainad on July 21, 2011, 06:40:58 AM
Oooooh... now that gives me an idea for what else we could do with the nine million pounds of blueberries that the bushes in our backyard are producing.

And golly gee whiz, I'll be old enough to buy the supplies on my own by Monday! :lulz:

You can buy supplies to brew at any age. They aren't selling you alcohol, just supplies to make it.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on July 21, 2011, 06:43:28 AM
ALSO YOU ARE A BANANA ROBOT WITH CARROT HAIR.  YOU ARE ADORABLE.

STOP THAT SHIT.

Nevar!

Quote from: Her Royal Suuness on July 21, 2011, 12:57:10 PM
Quote from: Cainad on July 21, 2011, 06:40:58 AM

You can buy supplies to brew at any age. They aren't selling you alcohol, just supplies to make it.

Oh, we've got beer making stuff here already, and part of the plan is to use blueberries in the process. I was referring to the cordials.

Luna

Yep, will have to hold off on the vodka.  I am having a ball playing with the cordials, will report on the blueberry when it's done.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

BabylonHoruv

I bet Blueberry would be delicious in a lice light wheat ale, or something soured a bit.

A friend of mine is making a blueberry mead, not fresh blueberries unfortunatelty, but it should still be good.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Luna

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on July 21, 2011, 05:37:05 PM
I bet Blueberry would be delicious in a lice light wheat ale, or something soured a bit.

A friend of mine is making a blueberry mead, not fresh blueberries unfortunatelty, but it should still be good.

I need to do another batch of strawberry, I'm nearly out.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Precious Moments Zalgo

Tomorrow, I'm taking a vacation day from work and using it to make much beer.

I'll be bottling my Orval clone, and will be racking a Belgian IPA onto the leftover Brett.  I'll be brewing the Sam Adams Noble Pils clone recipe from last month's Zymurgy, only I'll be adding 2lbs of cane sugar and using a saison yeast, so it will be a noble saison rather than a noble pilsner.  I'll also be brewing a strong Belgian brown ale, which starts from the recipe for my super-caramelly American brown ale but uses a trappist yeast and adds 2 more pounds of base malt, a 20oz block of panela, and a little bit more hops to keep the balance right.

I also have a Hennepin clone that I'll be racking to secondary sometime before I make the noble saison, because I'm going to need that yeast cake.  The other beer is going on the cake from the Belgian IPA.

So bottling one batch, transferring two batches, and brewing two batches.
:cheers:
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

BabylonHoruv

my mead, which ended up being blackberry cherry, has been in the carboy bubbling for 2 weeks.  I guess that is what I get for using 15 lbs of honey in 5 gallons of mead.  Beer is usually done bubbling after 3-4 days.

Anyways it's the end of peach season, which means it is time to make my sour peach wheat.  I have made a gallon of wort with 2 lbs of 2 row and thrown in a handful of grain and it is in the basement sitting to sour, in a few days I am gonna go see if I can find peaches and brew up the powdered malt and mix it all together.  Last year I put the peaches in secondary, but I misjudged when peach season is, so this year they're going in primary.

-Dok Howl

Precious Moments Zalgo

Are you using the naturally occurring bugs on the grain to sour it, or did you use a bacteria culture?
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Precious Moments Zalgo on August 12, 2011, 03:29:08 AM
Are you using the naturally occurring bugs on the grain to sour it, or did you use a bacteria culture?

the bugs on the grain.  I threw a handful into the jug. 

-Dok Howl

Luna

Started a new cordial...  this one, trying brandy instead of vodka.  Working, now, I have the strawberry/brandy, and, with vodka, blueberry, blackberry, and raspberry.  I need more bottles...

Icey

I really want to try brewing beer. The caveat is that I am so poor at the moment, making rent is priority one. So, what I'm asking is...

What stuff do I need to begin? And by need, I mean bare-bones. And by bare-bones, I mean that each dollar spent is a dedication of my precious, if-ever-exists spending money.

Thanks.

Icey