Erisian Brewer's Cadre. Or: How I saw the Goddess in the first place

Started by Richter, November 04, 2010, 04:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

I racked the cider last night.  The plain cider is good and the cyser tastes like apple pie.  It will loose some sweet after another week or two, which I'm looking forward to!
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Choptop

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Charles Bukowski
"I've seen so many good people in my life that I've almost lost my faith in the wickedness of humankind." - Will Durant
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H. P. Lovecraft

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

I wanna taste everybody's stuff!

Can't this stuff be shipped? Mailed? Sent by seagull?

We need an awesome homebrew tradeoff

Choptop

That is a fantastic idea (although nothing I've brewed so far is worth trading)
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Charles Bukowski
"I've seen so many good people in my life that I've almost lost my faith in the wickedness of humankind." - Will Durant
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H. P. Lovecraft

Suu

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on November 11, 2010, 09:26:53 PM

I just have a feeling that could be like shipping bombs if they aren't bottled correctly.  :horrormirth:

I'll see what I can do when I come down for Christmas.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

If any of my krupnikas is left, I'll send a flask with you.  It's going to be the most stable.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Triple Zero

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on November 11, 2010, 09:26:53 PM

Can we get a transatlantic pipeline?
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Richter

Taste tested the cider last night.  I'm giving it until Wednesday, then bottling / refridgerating.  It's not super flavorful, but I don't want it to get too sharp.

The cyser is still pretty sweet, so I'm thinking I'll give it another few days or a week more. 

Sir Squid Diddimus

Triple Zero

Suu

Quote from: Richter on November 15, 2010, 09:52:52 PM
Taste tested the cider last night.  I'm giving it until Wednesday, then bottling / refridgerating.  It's not super flavorful, but I don't want it to get too sharp.

The cyser is still pretty sweet, so I'm thinking I'll give it another few days or a week more. 

If I bottle on Thursday as planned, I'll have JUST 3 weeks before the event. Damn.

I should also make a label.

Richter

I'm going to go the duct tape + sharpie route again. 
The cyser will be "Armor Cleaner Mk. 2".  Do you think the krupnikas is too high-test for a "cordial"?

Suu

Quote from: Richter on November 16, 2010, 02:48:37 PM
I'm going to go the duct tape + sharpie route again. 
The cyser will be "Armor Cleaner Mk. 2".  Do you think the krupnikas is too high-test for a "cordial"?

It's considered a "liqueur". I wouldn't say it's too high-test, since most cordials are made from grain alcohol anyway, but the strong flavors may scare people.......Do it.