News:

Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

Rush Limbaugh is why you're fat

Started by Da6s, November 09, 2010, 08:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da6s

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_110810/content/01125106.guest.html

QuoteWhat have I told you about diet and exercise?  Exercise is irrelevant.... "How do you know all this?"  One of the reasons I know what I know is that I know liberals, and I know liberals lie, and if Michelle Obama's gonna be out there ripping into "food desserts" and saying, "This is why people are fat," I know it's not true.  "Rush, do you really believe that? It's that simple to you, liberals lie?"  Yes, it is, folks.  Once you learn that, once you come to grips with that, once you accept that, the rest is easy.  Very, very simple.  Now, my doctor has never told me to restrict any intake of salt, but if he did, I wouldn't.  I'd just spend more time in the steam or the sauna sweating it out.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Precious Moments Zalgo

Well, if the only thing you care about is making the number on the scale go down, then yeah, all that matters is that you eat fewer calories than your metabolism requires.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah, it's quite a stretch to get from there to "nutrition and exercise don't matter".  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

QuoteThere is no such thing as cardiovascular exercise.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Sir Coyote on November 09, 2010, 08:44:43 PM

What

I have long wondered if he's trolling, and will one day break down in the sheer horror that people buy the bullshit he says.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Nigel on November 09, 2010, 08:47:58 PM
Quote from: Sir Coyote on November 09, 2010, 08:44:43 PM

What

I have long wondered if he's trolling, and will one day break down in the sheer horror that people buy the bullshit he says.
This followed the bit from the caller saying that exercise is meaningless in regards to weight loss.
QuoteRUSH:  I can't tell you how many people... No, David, I'm serious. I can't tell you how many people I know who do exercise a lot who tell me the reason they do it is so they can eat a lot, they love to eat and so they exercise to accommodate for how much they're eating.

CALLER:  That's funny because we see a lot of people that acquiesce to that, and in my opinion they're just fat active people.  Okay?  I'll do you one better than that: There's no such thing as cardiovascular exercise.

RUSH:  Oh, now, that's controversial. That's gonna light some fires out there.

CALLER: (laughing)

RUSH: There's no such thing!

CALLER:  If you look at it, don't you seek the truth in economics and philosophy?

RUSH:  I do.

CALLER:  Well?

RUSH:  I do, but cardiovascular exercise is one of these unmitigated truths. I mean, it's just accepted.

Da6s

And don't forget this:

QuoteRUSH:  How many of you happened to see either the actual live coverage of the New York City marathon yesterday or maybe some highlights of it later on?  Did you see it?  Look at the people who ran in the New York City marathon.  Most of them looked like death eating a cracker.  I thought I'm looking at cadavers eating crackers, and I just know that that's not for me.

We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Jenne

Well, you know, it's all fun n games till someone has an infarc...

Whatever

I am begining to believe that he is not only still on the drugs, but now he's just fucking with us.

AFK

Well, yeah.  And he's laughing all the way to the bank. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Choptop

Couldn't think of a better guy to die of a massive myocardial infarction.
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Charles Bukowski
"I've seen so many good people in my life that I've almost lost my faith in the wickedness of humankind." - Will Durant
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H. P. Lovecraft

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yes Rush, yes! Working out makes you ugly!

:lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on November 09, 2010, 08:39:55 PM
Yeah, it's quite a stretch to get from there to "nutrition and exercise don't matter".  :lulz:

I think Rush Limbaugh is doing the nation a service.

If you think about it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.