News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

First Church of the Wrath of Baby Jesus

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 12, 2010, 03:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Well, since we fake Discordians have been thrown out based on what choices we have decided to make with out money, and/or what jokes we choose to laugh at, I'm restarting the First Church of the Wrath of Baby Jesus.

Now, while we may not be REALLY REAL Discordians, like those other guys, we do have a couple of advantages:

1.  No new rules for who qualifies.  Wanting to be in is the only qualification.

2.  You don't have to beg a friend to send Vex money.

3.  You don't have to be a REALLY REAL DISCORDIAN FOR REALNESS.  We don't demand a "spark of Discord", we only require that you know how to laugh, and have an urge to take a hacksaw to a leg of the cosmic barstool.

4.  You can be a Christian, Subgenius, Jew, or Hindu, and still get in.

Now, I realize that we may not enjoy the appeal of being REALLY REAL DISCORDIANS FOR REALNESS, but we can - believe it or not - still have a good time.  And I'm pretty sure we'll still be able to do it here.

We are, however, a polite organization, so we ask that you try not to get your poomp all over the ERS's (or whatever the hell it's called) shiny new improved and elite Discordianism.

Sign up isn't mandatory.  We don't keep rolls.  To join, you simply keep having fun without needing permission.

Or Kill Me.

ETA:  This wasn't funny or useful.  Forget I said anything.  Have fun with your New Discordia, it isn't for me.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

I seem to be missing a link to that old "Notice of Compulsory Illumination" flyer.

It would have come in handy right now.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on November 12, 2010, 03:30:29 PM
I seem to be missing a link to that old "Notice of Compulsory Illumination" flyer.

It would have come in handy right now.

Not only do I not have it, I can't remember what you're talking about.   :?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

LMNO

This is unformatted, but you may get the idea:

- POSTED -

NOTICE OF COMPULSORY ILLUMINATION
THANK YOU FOR DEMONSTRATING your knowledge of the English language. By
continuing to read this Notice, you hereby agree to be bound henceforth by the
following terms and conditions:

1. You agree not to allow others to do your thinking for you. This includes making the
assumption that the opinions expressed by newscasters, editors and pundits from media
outlets large or small, "Conservative" or "Liberal," are your own opinions.

2. You agree that you will not necessarily want to buy something just because there is a
commercial for it on TV.

3. You agree that advancement in life is not synonymous with a fattening bank account.

4. You agree that your beliefs are not inherently more valuable than other, even
conflicting, beliefs held by other people. You agree that you have neither an obligation nor
a license to decide what is best for others.

5. You agree not to obey laws simply because they are on the books. Rather, you shall
question the moral authority behind every legislative endeavor of every government. This
point is inclusive of your responsibility not to wait for unjust laws to be repealed before violating
them.

6. You agree to engage in activities resulting in excessive amounts of paperwork for
"Authority Figures." This is to slow the bastards' march toward totalitarianism, as well as to
discourage them from pursuing any further their career in being a pain in your ass.

7. You hereby deauthorize and denounce any notion you have until now espoused
which furthers in your mind the idea that the State is your Protector, because it is, in all
truth, the opposite.

Remember, Citizen: your compliance is not only requested, but is enforceable under this and
other Agreements, regardless of whether you are aware of them or not, or whether you have
already agreed or have yet to agree to them.

Nephew Twiddleton

Can stinky Irishmen given to Pagan folly join too?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 12, 2010, 03:43:48 PM

Yes.  Also the Welsh.  We're like the ULC, only with a penchant for assbaggery.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on November 12, 2010, 03:36:01 PM
This is unformatted, but you may get the idea:

- POSTED -

NOTICE OF COMPULSORY ILLUMINATION
THANK YOU FOR DEMONSTRATING your knowledge of the English language. By
continuing to read this Notice, you hereby agree to be bound henceforth by the
following terms and conditions:

1. You agree not to allow others to do your thinking for you. This includes making the
assumption that the opinions expressed by newscasters, editors and pundits from media
outlets large or small, "Conservative" or "Liberal," are your own opinions.

2. You agree that you will not necessarily want to buy something just because there is a
commercial for it on TV.

3. You agree that advancement in life is not synonymous with a fattening bank account.

4. You agree that your beliefs are not inherently more valuable than other, even
conflicting, beliefs held by other people. You agree that you have neither an obligation nor
a license to decide what is best for others.

5. You agree not to obey laws simply because they are on the books. Rather, you shall
question the moral authority behind every legislative endeavor of every government. This
point is inclusive of your responsibility not to wait for unjust laws to be repealed before violating
them.

6. You agree to engage in activities resulting in excessive amounts of paperwork for
"Authority Figures." This is to slow the bastards' march toward totalitarianism, as well as to
discourage them from pursuing any further their career in being a pain in your ass.

7. You hereby deauthorize and denounce any notion you have until now espoused
which furthers in your mind the idea that the State is your Protector, because it is, in all
truth, the opposite.

Remember, Citizen: your compliance is not only requested, but is enforceable under this and
other Agreements, regardless of whether you are aware of them or not, or whether you have
already agreed or have yet to agree to them.

We can get behind that, except for the compulsory part.

(How did I miss that?  When was it made?)

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 12, 2010, 03:46:44 PM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 12, 2010, 03:43:48 PM

Yes.  Also the Welsh.  We're like the ULC, only with a penchant for assbaggery.

Sweet!
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

LMNO

It was made more than a few years ago.  I forget by whom.

Cramulus

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on November 12, 2010, 03:50:15 PM
It was made more than a few years ago.  I forget by whom.

I missed a lot of good stuff, back then.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on November 12, 2010, 03:51:04 PM
It was made by vex  :lol:

That must have been in his pre-bigot days.  Nevertheless, it's good stuff.