News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

The Nauseatingly Disgusting Discordian Lovefest

Started by Phox, November 14, 2010, 04:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

Quote from: Phox on November 14, 2010, 05:13:26 AM
Kai - You are very smart, and though I don't understand all of the things you post, I generally come away with a new understanding. Also, you are super cute.  :oops:

Phox, if you weren't in upside down land, I would have your babies. Seriously.

All the old timers know how much I love them. 6 years, baby.

Roger, for being the most horrendously misanthropic being I have ever had the chance to converse with, and at the same time being one of the most loyal and kind. Your phone calls always make me laugh

ECH, for being one of the oldest friends I've had anywhere. You've seen me grow up over the years, from the beginning of undergrad to a nearly master's degree. You took me under your wing back in 2004, for which I am eternally grateful.

Cain, for being one of the most intelligent people I have ever known, and for supplying understanding of topics I would never ever have the courage to venture into on my own. You make politics, government and international relations make sense.

LMNO, for being an excellent human being, and a badass musician. There have been times where I've needed someone to talk with, someone to give me advice, and you've been there.

RWHN, for being the most irreputable punster I have ever had the pleasure to know. It hurts, and I love you for it.

To the newcomers from 2005 on, thanks for keeping this the sort of community that we always wanted. I know I've been crazy, I've gone batshit more than once, but I keep on coming back, and you keep on letting me come back.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Phox

BadBeast - We've had some good times here and elsewhere. I hope to join you on expeditions to a few other sites when I get time.

Subetai - You are incredibly intelligent, and I always read what you have to say on political topics, and I always learn something from your comments.

BabylonHoruv - You seem like a really cool guy, and I would like to interact with you more.

Cram - What can I say? Your stuff is always great, and I like your mustache.

Suu - The few times I've interacted with you have been completely positive, and I think you and I have more in common than we have yet discovered.

RWHN - Your insufferable puns make me laugh, and you seem like a great guy.

So there are a few more that came to mind. More to come.

Quote from: Kai on November 14, 2010, 04:31:09 PM
Quote from: Phox on November 14, 2010, 05:13:26 AM
Kai - You are very smart, and though I don't understand all of the things you post, I generally come away with a new understanding. Also, you are super cute.  :oops:

Phox, if you weren't in upside down land, I would have your babies. Seriously.

Thanks Kai.  :)

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Kai

Quote from: ☂ Kim Jong Fred ☂ on November 14, 2010, 06:14:25 PM
THIS THREAD MAKES ME VOMIT

Fred, you're awesome. But you already knew that. Also, I knew you hate threads like this, so I honored you by leaving you out of my oldies list.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Phox

:lulz:

I like you Fred. I don't have a specific reason for it though. Also, i thought about adding the word "sickening" to the title when I made the thread. Guess what?  :lulz:

East Coast Hustle

yeah, but you vomit at the drop of a hat. :lulz:

this thread makes me want to chug mineral oil.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

bugmenоt

Dear [insert your nick], i always enjoyed the stuff you write. You are smart and funny.

So when does the gang bang begin?

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 14, 2010, 05:09:02 AM
RHWN, to be honest beyond the punnery I love that you're able to give the benefit of your knowledge developed through meaningful work to this board.

Give?  You'll be getting the invoice soon. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

Quote from: Kai on November 14, 2010, 04:31:09 PM
RWHN, for being the most irreputable punster I have ever had the pleasure to know. It hurts, and I love you for it.

That's what she says.

:rimshot:

I still to this day wonder how it is I ended up being married to a hot wife. 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cramulus

Dear [insert your nick], i always enjoyed the stuff you write. You are smart and funny.
                               /
So when does the gang bang begin?
                            /

uhm, I like you guys. If I had to pick two Discordians to give awards to right now it would be

DIMO and PLACID DINGO

dimo because you're living electric

and placid dingo for the musings of a faceless man, probably my favorite piece of Discordiana published in 2009

but there is no time to rest on our laurels, cats -- it is the eve of 2011 -- high time to go ding-dong-ditch the future

Cramulus

and here's an X-post from Alty's thread --- because it's relevant

Quote from: Alty on November 14, 2010, 07:41:19 PM
Jesus fucking christ, SRSLY?

A) You take the one religion that doesn't require anyone's approval or any community and you talk about it? What's there to say that would matter? You're fucking up my reason for avoiding social dynamics.

B) Whatta pack of assholes.

:lulz:

fucking cheers that, cat

I occasionally stop by this taoist forum

you'd think -- taoists -- probably a bunch of really chill, thoughtful, interesting people, if not a little sedate

but NOOOOOOOO - there are factions, assholes, pecking orders -- the tone is set by people who post most, so a few dicks manage to make the whole community fairly contentious

I think it has to do with the architecture of forums. Put a group of people in a forum environment for a long enough period of time and rather predictable dynamics will emerge, no matter what topic brings everybody together.

My hope for this place is lodged in the idea that it's a venue which can motivate people to meatspace action.

If we are a forum where people can come up with new ideas, rather than just linking us to cool ideas they read about on the net, then we are doing better than 95% of the forums out there on the net.

If you can put an idea on this forum and people will pick it up and develop it and run with it and turn it into something happening in the 3D universe, then we are doing better than 99% of the forums out there on the net.

All the social stuff we do here is cool, I'm glad to know all of you as friends. It's really sweet that I can travel to many places in the world and know I've probably got a couch to crash on. But it's also not what keeps me here, what I love about this place is that there's stuff like the Black Iron Prison, Intermittens, LOGD, Day of Discord, and stuff like that. I love that we keep brewing and disagreeing and stirring the pot, and that every so often we actually pull something cool out of that pot.

The Good Reverend Roger

Despite all of you being possessed of odious personal habits, a nodding acquaintance with personal hygiene, and your insistance on being a primate-based species, I hate you guys less than the common run of hominds.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.