News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

More Spider Music from the Spider Project

Started by LMNO, November 18, 2010, 10:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

I need to tweak the bass, add a fuzzier bit, but thanks!

Phox

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 24, 2011, 02:08:33 PM
New Rant is up, SquidBurger's "Festering Cyst", as told by Cainad.  Rant #14.

Go here for all the Rants

I tried to listen to it, and it made my 'puter all asplodey.  :lulz:

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Doktor Phox on February 25, 2011, 12:38:15 AM

Damn, I thought Alphapance did a pretty bang-up job of diluting the computer-destroying properties of my voice.

Whole thing is sweet, and I'm really impressed to see that it's made it to 16 tracks so far. That is a damn respectable collection right thar!

Phox

Quote from: Cainad on February 25, 2011, 04:54:58 AM
Quote from: Doktor Phox on February 25, 2011, 12:38:15 AM

Damn, I thought Alphapance did a pretty bang-up job of diluting the computer-destroying properties of my voice.

Whole thing is sweet, and I'm really impressed to see that it's made it to 16 tracks so far. That is a damn respectable collection right thar!
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

But yes, this track was excellent as always. I DID find myself getting a bit distracted from the vocals by the music once or twice. Not sure if it was the mix or what, but maybe think about tweaking it a little?

LMNO

The mixes are never finished.  Which vocals did you miss?

Phox

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 25, 2011, 12:42:45 PM
The mixes are never finished.  Which vocals did you miss?
I'm not sure. It was about a minute and a half or two minutes in, I think. Re-listening to it, it actually sounds great. Could have been that the music was just too interesting the first time.  :lulz:

LMNO

Heh.  Damn my musical genius!

For realsie, I think that's where the drums start fading in, and the seagull guitar gets a bit crazier, right?

Phox

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 25, 2011, 01:50:01 PM
Heh.  Damn my musical genius!

For realsie, I think that's where the drums start fading in, and the seagull guitar gets a bit crazier, right?
Yeah, that's about it.  :wink:

Jenne

LOVE IT.  Cainad's voice was perfect, and the upbeat music just hit the right spots in the narrative.  Another masterpiece, LMNO!

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Jenne on February 26, 2011, 10:49:22 PM
LOVE IT.  Cainad's voice was perfect, and the upbeat music just hit the right spots in the narrative.  Another masterpiece, LMNO!

Thanks, but you'd never know it from the amount of coaching LMNO had to give me through PMs before I was able to shake off enough of the "droning teenager monotone" for it to work. :lol:

Was hella fun to read though, with all those harsh sibilant sounds and visceral imagery.

LMNO

You considered that upbeat music?

A woman after my own heart.

Jenne

...what is it usually considered?  :D  I could listen to it for DAYS.  :D 

Jenne

Quote from: Cainad on February 26, 2011, 11:54:04 PM
Quote from: Jenne on February 26, 2011, 10:49:22 PM
LOVE IT.  Cainad's voice was perfect, and the upbeat music just hit the right spots in the narrative.  Another masterpiece, LMNO!

Thanks, but you'd never know it from the amount of coaching LMNO had to give me through PMs before I was able to shake off enough of the "droning teenager monotone" for it to work. :lol:

Was hella fun to read though, with all those harsh sibilant sounds and visceral imagery.

Once my cold is over, Imma read the "WHO ARE WE?" script.  Gonna use the same media device as I did for the Spiders Project.  Since my brother STOLE my recording of what I did a few years back in his stuido ( :crankey: ), I'll have to redo it.

LMNO

Quote from: Jenne on March 02, 2011, 05:31:13 PM
...what is it usually considered?  :D  I could listen to it for DAYS.  :D 

"Listenability" and "upbeat" are not the same, in my book.  With an implied tempo of 60bpm, and an emphasis on minor thirds, I figured "dark" would be the right adjective.   Then again, the clean guitar/bass plays major fourths and octaves and evokes Eno's Music for Airports, so you could be right.

Either way, I appreciate that you like it.